ATMI Life Sciences is a market leader in single-use mixing, storage, and bioreactor technology, fluoropolymer-based products, and custom engineered, flexible packaging solutions that maximize product integrity and enhance process efficiency for its biopharmaceutical customers. Our fundamental knowledge of polymers, specially selected resins, as well as clean room manufacturing experience ensures optimum performance in critical process operations. ATMI promotes a culture that engages employees and fosters growth and development, while offering compensation programs that reward outstanding performance.
ATMI’s Core Values revolve around its employee’s ability to ACT IT :
Be Accountable for your work and responsibilities.
Always works towards Continuous Process Improvement .
Be prepared to Teach and lead the organization to achieve new levels of success.
Always act with Integrity .
Maximize the value of Teamwork
ATMI is seeking a Summer Manufacturing Engineer, Support to support the LifeSciences product line by working as an assistant Manufacturing Engineer. This product line is primarily engaged in the design and manufacture of highly customized, yet disposable, single use bags for our Biopharma customers. The intern will work in cooperation with other functional groups, including Production, Quality, Product Engineering, Sales, Supply Chain, etc. The intern will be located at our Bloomington, MN packaging facility.
The intern will be asked to execute small projects or tasks as defined by the role of Manufacturing Engineering. These tasks or projects may include, but not necessarily limited to:
- Implementation of new product designs in the production setting;
- Investigation and corrective action for a customer complaint;
- Improvement of manufacturing efficiency;
- Implementation of broad product changes;
- Testing of a new or modified tool or packaging design.
Successful candidates will typically have the following skill set:
- Completion of junior year in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, preferably with an emphasis plastic materials, or packaging sciences;
- Minimum of 3.5 GPA;
- Ability to work 40 hours a week for a period of up to 12-16 weeks.
To be successful in the role and at ATMI you will need to:
- Be proactive and results oriented;
- Have a safety-first attitude;
- Demonstrate sound organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Effectively communicate results verbally and in written form;
- Have a hands-on, self-starter mentality.
No phone calls, please. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Essential functions are the primary job responsibilities which an employee must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. The list of requirements, duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive, but is the most accurate list for the current job. ATMI reserves the right to revise the job description as well as to require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job changes.
Entegris, a leader in contamination control and critical materials handling and ATMI, a leader in advanced materials and material delivery...