Put a LIFT in Your Career! NACCO Materials Handling Group, Inc., a world-class manufacturer of Hyster ® and Yale industrial lift trucks and a subsidiary of NACCO Industries, is currently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer Technician for our 2nd shift operation in Berea, KY.
- Support shop floor and indirect areas by providing proper documentation, tools and training for the fabrication, painting and assembly of trucks, as well as functional troubleshooting.
- Develop and maintain Sequence of Events (SOE) documentation in a Demand Flow Technology (DFT) manufacturing environment.
- Evaluate and resolve problems for manufacturing and develop operators to resolve problems themselves.
- Use engineering skills to develop methods, standards, line balances and line layouts.
- Member of teams focused on increasing quality and decreasing cost via n eighborhood, kaizen, and DFT activities.
- Develop, document & maintain processes within established guidelines.
- Identify and purchase required tools, equipment and supplies.
- Work with manufacturing and QA to startup, debug and verify processes.
- Offer recommendations for Acquisition Requests (ARs.)
- Install, start-up, and de-bug equipment. Train operators in safe use and maintenance of equipment.
- Support the introduction of new products into production. Provide feedback of design and review of manufacturability as well as cost of products.
- Two (2) year technical degree and five (5) years relevant manufacturing experience OR seven (7) years of relevant manufacturing experience.
- Knowledge of Manufacturing Engineering (Manufacturing processes, tooling/fixture design, materials, and process planning).
- Knowledge of Industrial Engineering (Ergonomics, facility design, motion/time study, engineering economy, material handling design, simulations).
- Working knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, electrical/electronic componentry and circuitry as it relates to lift trucks.
- Seemage and drawing familiarization
- ISO techniques and philosophy
- JIT, 5S, DFT techniques and philosophy
- Accounting techniques
- Quality Assurance procedures and fundamentals
- Product engineering procedures and fundamentals
- People skills required to interface with assemblers, management, and design engineers
- Microsoft Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)
- Systems knowledge (AS400, NOMS, CORE, EDM, Flowbase)
NMHG is an affirmative action employer with an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, and life insurance, 401 (k), and profit sharing. Qualified minorities and females are encouraged to apply. EEO/AAP/ADA Employer. www.nmhg.com