We're American Axle & Manufacturing , a world leader in the manufacture, engineering, validation and design of driveline systems, chassis systems and forged products for trucks, buses, sport utility vehicles, passenger cars, and commercial vehicles. Currently, this Tier One automotive components supplier is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for the AccuGear Fort Wayne facility.
Successful candidates will have a minimum of a bachelor degree in a technical area of study (BSME preferred) with a minimum of one year experience in a manufacturing environment and must be willing to work any shift or flexible hours. Experience in an automotive industry is a plus.
Key responsibilities include the following:
- Knowledge and hands on experience with CNC parameters.
- Knowledge and hands on experience using and programming M & G codes.
- Knowledge and hands on experience using macro and variable programs.
- Troubleshoot daily production problems through root cause analysis techniques as they occur.
- Responsible for process engineering activities and engineering changes associated with assigned manufacturing area(s).
- Maintain quality & process documentation - Control plans, PFMEAS, Picture Process Sheets, Tooling Sheets, etc.
- Develop and maintain program-tracking documentation.
- Have an understanding of GD&T along with datum dimensioning of components.
- Understand & perform tolerance stackups.
- Implements safety and good housekeeping standards.
- Adhere to Corporate policies and procedures.
- Ability to work side by side with outside vendors in an effort to reduce production and tooling costs.
- Bachelors degree in technical field preferably BSME.
- Two to three years of work experience in high volume machining environment, internships acceptable.
- PLC experience a plus.
- General understanding of manufacturing processes and thorough knowledge of tooling/programming.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc. - 14 months ago
copy to clipboard -