Colfor Mfg., Inc., an AAM Company, is a leader in the engineering, design and manufacturing of cold, warm and precision machined forgings for trucks, sport utility vehicles and passenger cars. Currently, this TS-16949 and ISO-14001 registered OEM supplier has an employment opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer in one of our Ohio facilities.
The Manufacturing Engineer provides engineered solutions to production problems by employing skills in metal forming, tooling design & fabrication, metallurgy, and heat treatment. Process and Tool design skills are used to drive continuous improvement projects that reduce costs while maximizing productivity in a fast paced forging environment. The position requires some domestic and international travel, and the ability to support production on any of three shifts.
- Develop and follow safety procedures.
- Procurement and installation of Capital Equipment
- Develop process Control Plans, PFMEA
- Provide hands-on technical support for current product lines
- Design and develop parts and tooling for new product lines
- Coordinate product launch activities
- Cost Estimation for new products and projects
- Lead continuous improvement and cost reduction activities
- Self-motivated & results oriented
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Application of Lean Concepts and capacity planning
- Understanding of Statistical Analysis
- Project management
- Proficiency in engineering and business computer applications (MS Office)
- 3D CAD (NX preferred)
- NC Machine and Robotics Programming
- Thorough understanding of Metalworking processes (cold/warm/hot)
- Strong Mechanical aptitude
- 5+ years in high volume automotive component facility or 3+ years of experience in a metal forming facility (experience with forge manufacturing processes preferred)
- Development of TS-16949 and ISO-14001 procedures and documentation
- CNC Machining and Controls Experience preferred
We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four year College or University in Manufacturing Engineering or related field is required.
American Axle & Manufacturing (AAM) is GM's right-hand man for driveline systems and forged products. AAM manufactures axles,...