Can we count on you? After all, your ideas could drive a multi-billion dollar company. And there's nothing more important to our success than our associates.
We're American Axle & Manufacturing , a world leader in the manufacture, engineering, validation and design of driveline systems, chassis systems and forged products for trucks, buses, sport utility vehicles, passenger cars, and commercial vehicles. Currently, this Tier One automotive components supplier is seeking a Manufacturing Engineer for the Three Rivers, Michigan, facility.
Successful candidates will have a minimum of a bachelor degree in a technical area of study or equivalent training with a minimum of three years experience in a manufacturing environment and be willing to work any shift or flexible hours. Degree in mechanical engineering preferred. Experience in an automotive industry is a plus.
American Axle offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, retirement, bonus plan, 401(k) and tuition assistance programs.
If you would like to work in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment that is challenging both professionally and personally, apply online application at our career site http://www.aam.com/career/career_frame.html . We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Key responsibilities include the following:
1. Responsible for process engineering activities associated with assigned manufacturing area(s).
2. Manage engineering changes as they occur.
3. Specify, quote, purchase and run-off capital equipment, tooling, and gages as required.
4. Evaluate and estimate cost requests.
5. Troubleshoot daily production problems through root cause analysis techniques as they occur.
6. Maintain quality & process documentation - Control plans, PFEMAS, Picture Process Sheets, Tooling Sheets, etc.
7. Investigate and implement cost reduction efforts through the suggestion & productivity improvement programs.
8. Understand & perform tolerance stackups.
9. Have an understanding of GD&T along with datum dimensioning of components.
10. CNC - Fanuc
a. Understand & use parameters.
b. Understand & use G &M codes.
c. Understand & use macro programs & variables.
11. Develop and maintain program-tracking documentation.
12. Work with Adv. Mfg. Eng. on new processes.
13. Adhere to Corporate policies and procedures.
14. Implements safety and good housekeeping standards.
15. Frequent contact with others outside the work group reqd.
16. Perform other tasks as required.
1. College degree in technical field preferably BSME.
2. Two to five years work experience in high volume machining environment.
3. General understanding of manufacturing processes and thorough knowledge of tooling/programming.
4. Good oral and written communication skills.
5. High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc. - 16 months ago
American Axle & Manufacturing (AAM) is GM's right-hand man for driveline systems and forged products. AAM manufactures axles,...