The Manufacturing Engineer is primarily responsible for providing detailed process and technical guidance to the Operations Team and identifying, developing, and implementing process improvements. Specific responsibilities include: provide detailed process guidance to the Operations Team in the execution of scheduled production, oversight of operations to identify opportunities for improvement, investigation and resolution of process and product deviations, development of process changes to accommodate new products, support of and participation in projects teams for facilities improvements. The Manufacturing Engineer routinely interacts with Manufacturing operators and supervision, Maintenance mechanics and supervision, Laboratory personnel, Project Engineering and Process Technology.
Key performance indicators for which this position is accountable include: Consistent product quality and customer satisfaction; Reliable production volume and execution of the production plan; Manufacturing cost control and improvement; and Outstanding safety performance and consistent environmental compliance.
- Process troubleshooting
- Problem Solving
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Time Management/Organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a self-directed team
- Commitment to plant safety, environmental and industrial hygiene practices
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering
- 5+ years chemical manufacturing experience, preferably in a resins, plastics or fibers manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills including spreadsheets
- Knowledge and experience with the following is also desired: SPC, Provox DCS systems, PLC functionality, safety and environmental policies and operator training.
- A basic understanding of PSM, SPC and ISO9001 is also preferred.
Ascend Performance Materials LLC. - 10 months ago