Ascend Performance Materials has an opening for a Manufacturing Engineer in our HMD Nylon Intermediates facility in Decatur, Ala. This position requires a highly motivated individual who enjoys a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. The Manufacturing Engineer position requires critical-thinking and advanced problem-solving skills. Ideal candidates will have a personal drive to develop expertise.
The Manufacturing Engineer supports manufacturing to meet production targets, lower costs, improve product quality, and lead employee based teams. Individuals will develop and implement process improvements, monitor and improve process capability, increase asset effectiveness, and work with technology to develop superior processes. This position routinely interacts with people at all levels of the organization in manufacturing, maintenance, lab, project engineering and process technology. Leadership skills are important as this position will lead various process improvement teams and potentially develop into a leadership role in the company.
- Excellent process troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills (i.e. leading teams)
- BS in Chemical Engineering
- A minimum of five years of experience in unit operations preferred
- A basic understanding of PSM, SPC, and ISO 9001