Barnes Group Inc. - An excellent career opportunity exists at our Associated Spring, Corry Division for a highly motivated Manufacturing Engineer. In this role, you will be responsible for the development and maintenance of the manufacturing processes for the Division both for New Product Introduction (NPI) and long term production support. You will also assist the Operations groups in meeting the technical, quality, and delivery requirements of the customer. If you are a self-motivated, career-minded individual seeking an exciting growth opportunity, please submit your name for further consideration.
Corporate Values: Integrity, Empowerment, Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration, Competitiveness, Continuous Improvement, Workplace Fairness, and Globalization.
- Work closely with engineering team & production support group to evaluate and improve manufacturing methods, product design, fabrication, tooling, assembly and quality control.
- Drive front-end process engineering events, focusing on equipment troubleshooting, procurement of tooling /fixtures & facility supplies for production support, machine risk assessment & guarding upgrades and other assigned projects
- Develop/Assist, drawings and design of tooling/ fixtures
- Responsible for assisting in the ongoing development and implementation of manufacturing and safety upgrade processes to ensure effective risk control and compliance with applicable local, state, federal and international laws, regulations and standards.
- Dynamically contribute in growth and continuous improvement activities (productivity, quality & HSE).
- Drive and participate in divisional safety and environmental committee.
- Work with the production group to assist in smooth operation of production equipment including Tool room.
- Develop and execute key measures of performance in order to provide ongoing evaluation of equipment maintenance & PM effectively.
- Participate in product design and develop manufacturing concepts and contribute in efforts to improve the related capabilities.
- Assist in contract reviews, internal audits and assist in corrective action activities
- Experience in AutoCad and tooling/ fixture design preferred.
- Skill to read/understand technical material, engineering drawings, industry standards is required. Make suggestions/recommendations regarding the same when needed.
- MS office proficiency and related productivity tools experience is preferred.
- Past experience in machine guarding per OSHA/ANSI standards is a plus.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to details required. Excellent project management skills.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written & verbal)
- Must have ability to multitask, and skill to relate across all levels of management within organization
- BSME or BS degree in electrical, industrial or related discipline
- 5 to 7 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment required.
- Green or Black Belt Certification preferred