Design and develop processes and methods for major engineering projects to ensure that products and services provided meet all contractual, program, design and quality requirements.
Analyze, organize and define production methods and processes required to manufacture products of involved and complex design, utilizing established standards and acceptable variations.
Prepares method instructions (Operation Sheets) to include setup procedure, tool lists, operation sequence, machine speeds and feeds time standards, process routings and other pertinent data to ensure that parts meet design intent and customer requirements. Updates documents as necessary.
Participates in the review of the design, manufacturing and test documentation to ensure that applicable contract, program, design and quality requirements are met.
Assists in the design, engineering analysis, computer programming, and interpretation of customer requirements and specifications.
Works from part and product drawings, manufacturing schedules etc.
Disposition of discrepant material to ensure product quality and adherence to program requirements.
Provides technical and advisory support to the production area to ensure development of products in the manner that produces a quality process
Provides interface and support to customer product concerns to facilitate responsiveness to customers.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively communicate and develop work instructions, solutions to problems and reports for all levels of employees, supplier and customers.
- High energy level required.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing, Kaizen and Six Sigma helpful.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
- BS Degree in Engineering and with a proven track record of three to five years of related experience in a manufacturing environment preferably in aerospace.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and sustain technical support for the manufacturing processes on the shop floor.
- Proven understanding of product and tool design, manufacturing process, strength and metal working behavior of material, document release system, paper flow through the factory, customer/vendor interaction, statistical process control, contracts, design, economics, productivity, and budgeting.
Barnes Group, Inc. - 16 months ago