Part I – Position Identification Information
% of Travel
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer
Represents Manufacturing Engineering during new product development and ongoing manufacturing support to the Operations Department. This ranges from estimating resource requirements, structuring bills for manufacturing, designing and validating manufacturing processes, reviewing documentation and working with production staff to assure timely production.
Part II – Position Responsibilities
Manufacturing Engineering Functions
• Provide general manufacturing support such as working with design engineers, manufacturing specialists, preparing work instructions, data collection and analysis.
• Develop specifications, detailed drawings, and budgets for test and manufacturing equipment; depending on complexity, may execute or supervise design, build and programming of the equipment.
• Assure that unique, program specific manufacturing equipment is available and operating to specification.
• Design, implement and improve manufacturing processes including set-ups to achieve the lowest total life cycle cost for production. Conduct method study appraisals to improve systems and equipment, minimizing waste, time, materials and energy
• Commercialize production equipment in a precision engineering environment in accordance to industry best practices, relevant safety, environmental, health, HR, regulatory, and quality policies.
• Execute projects while ensuring adequate control of budget, scope, quality, and risk.
• Ensure that designs and finished work complies with specifications, regulations, and contract.
Part III – Knowledge, Skills & Abilities for Position
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent– BSME preferred
• Working experience with project management and completion
• 2 to 5 years relevant experience
• Lean Manufacturing and or Six Sigma experience is desirable
• Ability to interact effectively with management, technical and non-technical staff, and work independently, and/or as part of a team.
• CAD skills required, AutoCAD & Solid Works experience preferred
• Proficiency in using MS Office, Internet, and e-mail.
• Microsoft or other IS related certifications a plus
Should be able function in both office and manufacturing environments. The majority of time will be spent in the office environment. Occasional travel may be required, as programs will be impacting multiple sites. Must be able to tolerate sitting and working with a computer for extended periods of time. Fine motor skills are utilized when typing and using various office machines. Requires clear verbal communication, hearing ability and clear vision or reasonable alternative. Ability to safely and effectively move throughout our facility and interact with employees