Job Title: Manufacturing Engineer
Job Location: El Paso, TX
Life-changers work here
CareFusion Life-changers find innovative ways to improve our customers' ability to provide healthcare to their patients. One way is our search for bold and inspired employees across the globe. Are you ready to change lives? Join our 15,000 employees to help clinicians solve some of healthcare's most critical challenges.
Meet one of our Life-changers on the Sales team.
CareFusion Business Description
Manufacture and distribute ChloraPrep® brand products, which are used as patient pre-operative skin preparation products to help prevent blood stream and surgical site infections
Job Family Summary
Manufacturing Engineering is responsible for developing manufacturing processes, production floor layouts and associated tools. Reviews new designs for manufacturability. Designs process improvements to reduce product cost, process cycle time and improved product quality.
What is expected of you for success in your role
- Generate and submit change requests.
- Adhere to design review process.
- Maintain project timeline for key milestones.
- Writing of sound protocols and GMP procedures for each process/product that is new or modified.
- Maintain accurate documentation.
- Coordinate projects with other departments, i.e. laboratory, warehouse, purchasing, marketing, production etc.
- Responsible for validating and improving processes and equipment.
- Troubleshoot process and product issues and implement corrective actions where applicable.
- Use of engineering tools (time studies, PFMEAs, statistical tools, etc.) to add validity to protocols.
- Use of AutoCad for layouts and Solidworks for 3D models.
Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial)
Highly motivated and self-starter
Demonstrated problem solving skills
Knowledge of Solid Works and AutoCAD
Knowledge of control systems
Experience with high speed automation