Chart Energy & Chemicals - located in La Crosse, Wisconsin – is the leading designer and manufacturer of cryogenic brazed aluminum heat exchangers (BAHX). Our unique product is used in the production of LNG and other process systems related to the energy market. Chart is the only producer of large BAHX in the U.S. and is a leader in the global markets we serve. Chart’s continued financial growth offers exciting and challenging career opportunities for career seeking individuals.
The candidate will help to establish enhanced processes and procedures for the manufacture of brazed aluminum heat exchangers (BAHX), as well as provide day-to-day manufacturing engineering and project management support for BAHX that are actively being planned and/or manufactured.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Develops training instructions and training others, usually production workers, in specific manufacturing processes.
• Work with equipment vendors to assess advancement in technologies that will offer benefits in the manufacture of BAHX. Specify, procure, and implement new equipment needed to support the growth and improvement of BAHX manufacturing.
• Evaluate, analyze, and make recommendations on methods, hardware, designs, and cost improvements to improve the manufacturability of BAHX.
• Analyze product defects occurring during manufacturing and generate and implement corrective actions to prevent future occurrences.
• Monitor and improve BAHX component quality and performance.
• Work with raw material suppliers to address quality issues and improvement opportunities.
• Provide support to sales and marketing with BAHX product support.
• Use software such as MS Office, AutoCAD and MS Project Management to perform engineering, cost, scheduling, and report writing tasks.
• Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Education & Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology, or Physical Sciences.
• Two or more years of work related experience, or an experience combination of experience, training and education.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret manufacturing related technical journals.
• Respond to common inquiries or complaints from internal and external customers.
• Effectively present information to management.
• Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
• Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Knowledge of Database software; Design software; Development software; Manufacturing software; Project Management software; MS Office.
We offer a competitive benefit package, including tuition assistance and incentive bonus opportunities.