Successful candidates will have a minimum of a bachelor degree in a technical area of study or equivalent training with a minimum of three years experience in a manufacturing environment and be willing to work any shift or flexible hours. Degree in mechanical engineering preferred. Experience in an automotive industry is a plus.
Key responsibilities include the following:
1. Responsible for process engineering activities associated with assigned manufacturing area(s).
2. Manage engineering changes as they occur.
3. Specify, quote, purchase and run-off capital equipment, tooling, and gages as required.
4. Evaluate and estimate cost requests.
5. Troubleshoot daily production problems through root cause analysis techniques as they occur.
6. Maintain quality & process documentation - Control plans, PFEMAS, Picture Process Sheets, Tooling Sheets, etc.
7. Investigate and implement cost reduction efforts through the suggestion & productivity improvement programs.
8. Understand & perform tolerance stackups.
9. Have an understanding of GD&T along with datum dimensioning of components.
10. CNC - Fanuc
a. Understand & use parameters.
b. Understand & use G &M codes.
c. Understand & use macro programs & variables.
11. Develop and maintain program-tracking documentation.
12. Work with Adv. Mfg. Eng. on new processes.
13. Adhere to Corporate policies and procedures.
14. Implements safety and good housekeeping standards.
15. Frequent contact with others outside the work group reqd.
16. Perform other tasks as required.
1. College degree in technical field preferably BSME.
2. Two to five years work experience in high volume machining environment.
3. General understanding of manufacturing processes and thorough knowledge of tooling/programming.
4. Good oral and written communication skills.
5. High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
FPCNational - 18 months ago