This position will serve as a key leadership role with the responsibilities of project management with external customers and internal projects associated to the development and design of new products or the improvement of existing operations. We are looking for a self motivated individual who is able to play a hands on leadership role with internal projects and also provide engineering services and expertise to our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Serves as primary contact for assigned customers.
2. Coordinates with internal departments to assure customer satisfaction on new jobs and product revisions.
3. Develops or approves the initial quality plan and inspection instructions on all new products to ensure consistency and high quality that meets or exceeds customers expectations.
4. Partners with customer service to assure proper set up of initial bill of material for molded parts and assemblies on all new products and revisions.
5. Maintains proper recordkeeping and documentation for all projects and assignments.
6. Obtains initial specifications from customers concerning product quality directives and packaging.
7. Prepares and solicits quotes for materials, packaging and other required items.
8. Overall tooling management to include revisions, repairs, new mold review and developing mold specifications for quoting.
9. Assists in the decision making process for both the Quality and Production departments when dispositioning non conforming product.
ANALYZE / DEVELOPMENT / TESTING
10. Researches and analyzes data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
11. Analyzes test data and reports to determine if design meets functional and performance specifications,
12. Partners with production and Engineers to develop a product or system such as instruments, controls, robots, engines, machines and mechanical, thermal, hydraulic or heat transfer systems.
13. Modifies existing designs, improve production techniques, and develops test procedures. Directs and utilizes management staff and other resources to achieve optimal end result.
14. Maintains a working knowledge of new technologies which may improve operations and develops recommendations accordingly.
15. Resolves problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies or concepts.
16. Usescomputer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks.
17. Confers with management, production, and sales staff to determine production feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer expectations and demands for new and existing products.
18. Analyzes technology trends, human resource needs and market demand to plan projects.
19. Advises management of new developments which may affect profit, schedule, costs , customer relations and/or interdepartmental relations.
COST and CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENTS
20. Evaluates manufacturing process and recommends modifications to eliminate lost opportunity, machine, tool or system malfunctions.
21. Analyses, evaluates and recommends cost implement ideas through product, vendor and design changes.
22. Develops automation and fixture concepts to support the manufacturing processes.
23. Evaluates, analyzes and makes recommendations on products, designs, and cost improvements to improve the competitive position of the company.
24. Partners with vendors, customers and purchasing department on identifying substitute raw materials, purchase parts, and other strategies that can result in cost savings.
25. Develops a strong working relationship and partnership with all customers to understand and anticipate product development and design needs that may enhance their product line.
26. Provides support to sales and marketing on product presentation and customer support.
27. Participates in customer task force meetings for assigned customers and as requested by the Plant Manager or corporate staff.
Four year engineering degree from post secondary institute in job related field and 1-2 years experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Falcon Plastics - 19 months ago