World-Class Manufacturer of
Precision Specialty Metal Components
TOG manufactures precision machined parts including fasteners, rotor studs, valve components, bushings, and other miscellaneous precision nitrided parts for gas and steam turbine power generation applications. TOG is a trusted supplier of highly-engineered precision components for critical applications across a variety of industries including:
US Defense Department
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for performing engineering activities related to researching, planning and implementing methods to improve machining processes through analysis, documentation and other functions.
- Prepare manufacturing documentation required for product manufacturing.
- Provide manufacturing data to shop floor.
- Investigate operational issues affecting production and resolve in a systematic, methodical manner.
- Collaborate with estimators to analyze current drawings, determine and verify dimensions and generate detailed methods within manufacturing system and make revisions as needed.
- Ensure most accurate estimates are provided to Management and Sales.
- Create estimates for duplicate jobs by investigating historical data; update pricing.
- Update material and labor costs consistantly.
- Create actual cost standards annually.
- Provide engineering, drafting, materials and shop labor hours broken down by component.
- Plan the use of resources and schedule activities in order to meet set objectives.
- Improve existing operations, assist with incorporating new methods and processes.
- Produce quotes based on customer requirements in collaboration with estimating.
- Accepts work assignment(s), as needed that could require additional training.
- Contribution to and supports the ISO improvement and continuance of quality programs and the company's team concept; ensures effective efforts are made at all times to accomplish the company's mission.
- Recommends improvements in procedures through internal audits contributing to the efficiency of the department and company and identifying ways to reduce production cost.
- Confers with supervisor on consistent basis to stay abreast of current costs and other job related information.
- Perform other duties, special projects and presentation for executive management, as required.
Job Requirements :
- Working knowledge of the turbine products and related manufacturing processes preferred. · Thorough knowledge of machining and inspection processes, shop standards, and materials. · Ability to read and interpret drawings, GD&T requirements and specifications to understand customer requirements. · Experience in preparing detailed job specific Bill of Materials in an inventory management system. · Experience preparing specific Job Order Routings and Manufacturing instructions for internal and external work centers. · Experience scheduling and coordinating flow of work within or between departments of manufacturing plant to expedite production. · Experiences with a wide variety of manufacturing processes in a job shop environment. · Previous experience with machining processes and MasterCam programming preferred. · Proficient with Microsoft Office Products, Word, Excel,Etc · Previous experience with Solidworks CAD or like product, CNC Equipment, ERP and /or MRP system preferred. · Previous experience with inspection methods and techniques i.e. CMM, general inspection tools and GD&T preferred.