Hologic, Inc. (NASDAQ: HOLX) is a leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of premium diagnostics, medical imaging systems, and surgical products dedicated to serving the healthcare needs of women throughout the world. Historically, Hologic developed, manufactured, and marketed products focused on mammography, breast care, and osteoporosis assessment. Our core business units are focused on breast health, diagnostics, GYN surgical, and skeletal health. For more information visit www.hologic.com
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Manufacturing Engineer II will have responsibility for projects and direct process support related to Hologic’s disposable products in an automated equipment manufacturing environment. The position is expected to work independently and as part of a greater team, planning and implementing projects to support manufacturing including, but not limited to; equipment/material/process specification, validation, maintenance, and supply chain risk mitigation.
· Daily Engineering support/communication/coordination of automated manufacturing equipment
· Hands on Mechanical Engineering skills;
o Assess, diagnose and resolve electromechanical issues
o Read, write, train and interpret instructions/specifications
o Use of basic process engineering data and statistics to evaluate/improve processes
· Develop, maintain and process changes to manufacturing procedures, maintenance instructions, and specifications used in manufacturing
· Troubleshoot automated equipment processes and comply with Quality System requirements
· Implement projects to reduce cost and supply chain risk, improve quality and equipment efficiencies
· Develop and execute validation plans for process and material changes
· Develop and execute test plans/ root cause troubleshooting analysis at product and process levels
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· BSEE, BSME , or BSIE
· Minimum 3 years of automated equipment industry experience or equivalent, preferably medical device or other regulated industry.
· Product related experience within manufacturing operations preferred, including an increasing level of responsibility.
Hologic - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard
Hologic corporation is a developer, manufacturer and supplier of diagnostic and medical imaging systems related to women's health. It...