Department: Manufacturing Engineer
Location: Bothell, WA
Reporting to: (Manager, Automation and Sustaining
Hours: 1st shift
In an ISO environment, as a member of a work team,
provide Manufacturing Engineering support to Production,
Development Engineering, and Product Management to
ensure the timely production of quality, cost effective
parts and assemblies. Participate in continuous
1. Responsible for sustaining engineering matters
related to assigned product families including quality
and process improvements, reducing cost, identifying
required facility improvements, development of tooling &
equipment for improvements, development of required
documentation, operator training, demonstrating process
capability and supporting transitioning products from
development to production.
2. Provides technical assistance and liaison to
Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality Control and other
organizations and assists in implementing new techniques
3. Perform Cost/Benefit analyses for new and improved
processes and/or products.
4. Work with production personnel to gather input for
process improvements on the production floor and
document in method sheets.
5. Analyzes and recommends products design changes for
ease of manufacturing, cost reduction and quality
6. Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space
requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of
equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
7. Confers with vendors to determine product
specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment,
materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to
specifications and quality standards.
Skills and Abilities:
cross functional teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers and
molding, sheet metal fabrication, PWA assembly and high
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes such as injection
R analysis for manufacturing processes.
- Ability to understand and apply FMEA, Cpk and gage R &
- Ability to use Solid Works, AutoCAD or Inventor
decision making process.
- Ability to use Engineering Economics analysis for
Education and Experience:
- Lean and Six Sigma experience preferred.
Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering Technology.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) in Industrial, Manufacturing
Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering in a
- Minimum of 2 years related experience in Industrial
metal fabrication, manual and automated assembly
- Experience with Injection Molding Plastics, sheet
Leviton is an AA / EEO employer
Division/Department : Bothell, WA - Network Solutions
Offer Relocation : Maybe
Leviton Manufacturing - 4 months ago
Its more than 25,000 products make Leviton Manufacturing a leviathan of electrical and electronic components, but it's certainly no...