opening in Murfreesboro, TN
The Manufacturing Engineer, as a member of the Engineering team, is responsible for researching, developing, evaluating and improving new and existing manufacturing processes and parameters. The focus will be on optimizing processes that match the tooling, equipment and facility and provide efficient, cost effective processes that utilize operators and/or robotics in a manufacturing operation.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
o develop new equipment through RFQ process
- Work with program management team members in order to meet program timing. This will include the following:
o develop new equipment run-off criteria
o develop training package for new equipment
o add new equipment to asset list
o update PM requirements on new equipment
o update spare parts list
o develop trial request form and support all trials
o create equipment removal form if necessary
o develop set up / parameter worksheet
o review lessons learned
o participate in product launch customer visits
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH AND SAFETY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop processes and troubleshoot manufacturing process problems including internal and external complaints.
- Reduce scrap and improve efficiency and cycle times for assigned processes. Develop and complete continuous improvement projects to meet cost savings targets.
- Develop and write equipment specifications, performance requirements, cost analysis, and RFQ for integrating injection molding machinery and equipment into manufacturing process.
- Assist in training supervisors, leads, operators and maintenance staff in the safe and proper usage of equipment and tooling.
- Work to improve equipment changeovers
- Writes/updates equipment check sheets, operating standards and keeps master documents on file.
- Confers with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules and other considerations to facilitate the manufacturing/injection molding processes.
- Reviews manufacturing strategy on new product quotations.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND / KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledgeable in their duties and responsibilities in accordance with Health and safety legislation in Murfreesboro
- Knowledgeable in the company's duties and responsibilities in accordance with Environmental legislation in Murfreesboro
- Working knowledge of ISO 14001, TS16949, OHSAS 18001
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or technical field.
- Experience in plastic molding & assembly
- Experience in C.A.D. is required
- Strong analysis, problem solving, process and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of Lean manufacturing principles
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings, including GD&T.
- Dynamic communication / inter-personal skills.
- Highly organized and possess good decision-making skills.
- Must have demonstrable technical presentation skills.
- Superb computer literacy, including MS Office
- Willingness and ability to travel as necessary.
- Working knowledge of QS9000, ISO14001 and TS16949 standards, as applicable to the position.
- Problem solving and trouble shooting skills a must
M Force Staffing Inc - 2 years ago