Develops manufacturing processes that achieve maximum process and cost efficiency while achieving performance and quality standards. Determines cost and routes for new product and maintains current products records structure to ensure effective control of documentation. Analyzes and plans work for utilization, work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout for the facilities for maximum efficiency.
Major Areas of Accountability:
1. Maintains process documentation and methods for manufacturing as technologies and equipment change.
2. Develops cost estimates for new and updated products. Applies value engineering techniques to reduce manufacturing cost of existing products.
3. Assesses the overall manufacturability of new designs in terms of manufacturing efficiency and cost effectiveness. Provides input to, or determines, make/buy decisions based on cost, quality and capacity.
4. Provides alternative manufacturing or design options that ensure intended performance, quality, schedule and cost requirements, while allowing lead times to be met.
5. Provides support to internal groups and external suppliers in resolving quality, productivity and routine technical issues related to new and existing products during all phases of the product life cycle.
6. Assesses the need for capital equipment and tooling and manages the associated procurement and implementation.
7. Represents the manufacturing function on product and project development teams.
8. Assists with the qualification of new suppliers and components by determining and establishing requirements, in conjunction with other internal groups.
9. Other duties as assigned.
Degreed Engineer with 7 yrs. experience in methods & processes, tooling & capital planning within a production environment. Experience in mechanical design and product development.
Non degreed with 14 yrs. relevant manufacturing engineering experience.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer/M/F/V/D
E-mail and password are case sensitive. Forgot your password?
For assistance, please see the Applicant Guide ,
or send an email to EmploymentCoordinator@mts.com
For Special Accommodation, click here .
Information about Security
© 2007 | All Rights Reserved. | Powered by HRsmart | Human Resources Software
MTS Systems Corporation - 2 years ago
In this world nothing is certain but death and taxes -- and those things tested by MTS Systems. The company produces testing systems that...