PAC is a leading global provider of advanced analytical instruments for laboratories and online process applications in industries such as refinery, petrochemical, biofuels, environmental, food & beverage, and pharmaceutical. To provide its customers with cutting edge technology, PAC leverages significant R&D resources to support its core technologies, including chromatography, elemental analysis, physical properties, and software applications
Responsible to assure the effective utilization of equipment and materials with an objective of maximizing production output while maintaining safety, quality and cost standards. This hands-on position will support ongoing manufacturing with a strong emphasis on implementing and sustaining lean process improvements, ensuring process capability, and process repeatability. The position will play a key role in analysis and development of insource/outsources decisions and developing supplier processes to best meet customer expectations.
ESSENTIAL TASKS & DUTIES:
- Implement and sustain Lean Manufacturing techniques and training on the shop floor including Visual Triggers/Signals, Pull Execution, and Visual Management.
- Ability to use appropriate statistical techniques such as DOE, ANOVA, GR&R, and other Six Sigma tools in project work.
- Utilize appropriate statistical techniques in process development to identify and ensure new products and existing products meet necessary capabilities such as calculating Cp and Cpk for processes.
- Research, justify and implement capital expenditures and point-of-use materials systems, Kanbans, and other techniques to improve utilization of working capital.
- Team with planning and design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production processes as well as process reliability.
- Evaluate, rework and reject levels for design, process, and training improvement opportunities. Familiar with process improvement techniques such as Poka Yoke.
- Develop, evaluate, implement, improve and document manufacturing equipment, tooling and processes through development of Standard Work.
- Manage and track several on-going cost savings projects and eliminate non-value-added activities.
- Institute process and product improvements resulting in a positive impact on production cycle time, product costs and product quality.
- Analyze and plan work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow and design layout of equipment and workspace for optimum efficiency and safety using Lean Tools such as VSM and Takt Time.
- Estimate production process step times, staffing requirements and related costs to provide information for management decisions using tools such as Takt time calculations and Process Cycle Time Evaluations.
- Confer with management, engineering and other team members regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Develop and evaluate equipment and processes to produce a high quality product at a competitive cost for either improvements in current processes or development for new product releases with a highly Mixed Model system.
- Facilitate the development of corrective action plans to resolve and improve internal quality, delivery, or people behaviors.
- Conduct production feasibility, Design for Manufacturability, and Design for Quality reviews while generating assembly instructions, in-process inspection, and tooling.
- Provide technical direction, and training for operators performing detailed process steps to ensure that production assemblers, testers, inspectors and support staff have necessary skills, appropriate documentation, tooling and process control capability.
- Work independently and employ effective time management skills.
- Over-time as required and travel (less than 10%)
PEOPLE DEVELOPMENT AND LEADERSHIP:
- Carry out project leadership and capable of influencing team members to complete project tasks in a timely manner to support project goals.
- Capable of carrying a team to a performing phase and bringing cross-functional teams together to work towards a common goal.
- Capable of discussing and leading a New Product Development and Conception Designs to effective manufacturing solutions.
- Lead change productively and manage team through change.
- Respond to change productively and handle other duties as required.
- Capable of developing employees and creating a positive team effort attitude within group.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE :
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, or Industrial Engineering preferred).
- Minimum 5 years experience with manufacturing processes.
- Minimum 2 years of proven project or team leadership experience demonstrating:
- Effective communication skills; written, oral, and interpersonal
- Facilitation ability amongst team to resolve problems and work effectively
- Significant Experience with Lean Manufacturing and process improvements required; prefer Lean Expert or Toyota Production System.
- Six Sigma Green Belt Preferred
- Technical knowledge of laboratory equipment within the petrochemical industry a plus.
Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient working with IFS or comparable ERP system. The individual should be advanced in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access), Visio, and Statistical software (e.g. Minitab).
Electrical Candidates – Knowledgeable of electrical assemblies and systems with capability to diagnose issues in electrical systems from PCBAs to signal interruptions, loss, or variations in multiple connection systems. Capable of working at completed assembly process in systems as well as understanding and working with suppliers at component level manufacturing. Familiar with software coding language and capable of diagnosing with limited training in software.
Mechanical/Systems Candidates – Knowledgeable of metal and plastic component manufacturing processes from molding and casting processes to finished machining processes. Knowledgeable and experience working with pressure and flow as components of a finished system and capable of calculating flow loss across process plumbing. Working knowledge of integration of electronics and electro-mechanical components and assemblies.
PAC, a subsidiary of Roper Industries, is a leading global provider of advanced analytical instruments for laboratories and online process...