SUMMARY OF POSITION : Responsible for assisting in developing solutions to production problems relating to materials, processes, machining, fabrication, tooling and the programming of equipment used for case and tray production. Supports new programs by assisting in developing new processes. Sets up equipment, ensures satisfactory operation of the equipment, and teach others to use it properly.
- Support manufacturing by providing required programs and required fixturing in a timely manner.
- Work with Pattern Shop to design and verify required fixturing.
- Programming will include laser machine and CNC machines, CMM, CNC turret press and UniGraphics, including responsibility for any documentation of program required including; setup sheets, calculations, artwork layouts, laser plots and any other supporting documentation.
- Provide UniGraphics support, problem solving and coaching assistance to pattern, design engineering, manufacturing engineering and production employees.
- Assist in systems and procedures development, design & producibility review and in tracking standard production rates.
- Generate initial Production Routers/Control Plans.
- Process control/capability standards.
- Assist in prototype development and supplier selection support.
- Assist in prototype development, verification and inspection of metal-fabrication and polymer components.
- Assist in quoting of metal-fabrication projects and components.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelors Degree or equivalent experience in the manufacturing field preferred.
SKILLS: Ability to pay attention to detail, good verbal communication, organizational and problem-solving skills required. Windows-based computer knowledge required. General knowledge of manufacturing processes, general production methods and industrial standards required.
Paragon Medical, Inc. - 17 months ago