Phillips & Temro Industries (PTI) is an international leader in the design and manufacture of engine starting and emissions control products for the automotive, heavy duty truck and industrial equipment industries. PTI designs, validates, manufactures and distributes quality products in North America and abroad to customers such as Ford, General Motors, Cummins, Volvo and Daimler Chrysler.
Due to growth in all areas of our organization, we currently seek a highly organized, self-motivated and detail oriented Manufacturing Engineer to join our Eden Prairie team.
Reporting to the Operations Project Manager, the successful candidate will:
The ideal candidate will be a degreed engineer with two or more years of manufacturing/process engineering experience and can also be a recent graduate.
- Champion projects to improve throughput, yield and ergonomics with an emphasis on reducing operating expenses through automation, error proofing and waste reductions.
- Develop plant area expertise and provide skilled troubleshooting by participating in cross-functional teams. Provide leadership in new product launches and continuous improvement.
- Participate in problem solving and development teams and work as a liaison between the factory floor and Development Engineering.
- Provide project management by identifying, justifying, and submitting capital project documentation for approval, and coordinating the purchasing, installation, and testing of equipment and machinery prior to release to production.
- Generate, maintain and monitor process operation parameters, capacity and utilization data.
- Support site TS16949 and ISO 14001 efforts.
Candidates must possess CAD experience.
PLC programming and troubleshooting experienced is desired.
Expertise in the following areas is preferred: ISO/QS9000, TS16949, ISO 14001, Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, FMEA, APQP, mechanical assembly, metal forming, and electro-mechanical systems.
Please visit our website at http://phillipsandtemro.com/careers/open_positions.asp to submit your resume and salary history.
Please include the job code “ME_0812” in the subject line if responding via e-mail.
Phillips & Temro Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The history of Phillips & Temro dates back to 1920, when James B. Carter opened his manufacturing business in Winnipeg, Canada. Over the...