Responsible for establishing and implementing the most cost efficient methods for production. Plans and coordinates the activities necessary to produce specified products within safety, quality and cost standards. Also ensures schedule compliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops and updates process documentation and procedure instruction.
2. Conducts direct labor studies using acceptable engineering practices and establishes standards on operations, set up and work station layout.
3. Defines tooling and fixturing used in the manufacturing process. Coordinates with tool designers to specify or procure new tooling, fixtures and ideas and fixtures.
4. Analyzes and evaluates manufacturing methods and standards. Provides solution to problems that adversely affect operator safety, quality, productivity, and cost.
5. Conducts direct labor studies using acceptable engineering practices and establishes standards on operations, set up, and work station layout.
6. Identifies areas of unnecessary cost. Researches methods and procedures for cost reduction, work cell development and material flow improvement.
7. Assists in development and troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment.
8. Reviews preliminary designs, making recommendations to reduce costs and improve manufacturing and quality on new or existing parts.
9. Develops detailed, complete and accurate capital equipment studies and makes appropriate recommendations for capital expenditures.
10. Assists in preparation of departmental budget including material, manpower, equipment and outside procurement costs, and operates within approved parameters.
11. Reviews and evaluates cost pertaining to make vs. buy decisions and new product development.
12. Process purchase requisitions and records as required.
13. Team members are expected to work wherever needed based on training.
14. Work in safe and healthy manner, strictly following all safety rules and regulations.
15. Maintain a neat, clean, orderly work area.
16. Complete company provided training.
17. Participate in PCI process.
18. Perform special projects as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
1. B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or Industrial Engineering.
2. 3-5 years of Mfg. Engineering experience.
3. Strong organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
4. Excellent verbal and written skills required
5. Proficiency with PC's.
6. Understanding of SPC.
7. Strong Project Management skills.
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road vehicles, comprising...