This position will be responsible for designing and improving manufacturing systems in order to increase overall production efficiency and reduce costs.
- Develops, evaluates and improves manufacturing methods utilizing knowledge of product design, materials, tooling and production equipment while adhering to safety, quality and costs.
- Analyzes and plans work force utilization, space requirements, workflow and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Works with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Apply lean principles, 5S, Six Sigma to layout, analyze and improve manufacturing processes.
- Mange all aspects of projects related to manufacturing processes to include planning, tracking of timelines and implementation of solutions.
- Performs time studies to analyze processing methods to test feasibility of existing processes or new processes, and recommends implementation of improved procedures and process flows.
- Bachelors degree in engineering required. Preferably in industrial or mechanical engineering.
- Three or more years experience working in a manufacturing engineer position.
- Strong communication skills and able to interact professionally with all levels within the organization.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement and lean manufacturing is preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects.
CareerBuilder - 13 months ago