Established in 1967, Mustang Survival has been designing and manufacturing lifesaving solutions for more than 45 years. Through constant innovation and application of new technologies, Mustang Survival is the leading supplier of quality flotation and personal protective equipment to the most demanding maritime and aviation customers including the Coast Guard, Law Enforcement, Water Rescue Teams, Fighter Pilots, Commercial Mariners and Recreational boaters. Mustang Survival is part of The Safariland Group family of brands. For more information, please visit www.mustangsurvival.com .
The Manufacturing Engineering position will provide technical support to the manufacturing departments for implementing new products, processes and improvements to existing operations.
Essential Job Functions
• Develop and improve manufacturing processes in support of new and existing product to ensure timely delivery of quality product
• Perform time studies of manufacturing processes to be included in the determination of manufacturing labor standards
• Design and conduct developmental tests on new and existing projects
• CAD support for component print drawings, layouts and work center designs
• Oversee the justification, planning, and execution of individual capital projects to scheduled timelines and within approved budget
• Seek out, research, develop cost analysis, and justification for new methods, procedures, equipment, and materials
• Lead Continuous Improvement projects using classical Lean techniques including Kaizen & 6S team projects
• Evaluate production capacity capabilities of existing operations and recommend and implement enhancements as needed
• Fabrication of engineering prototypes for testing and evaluation
• Identify manufacturing variability issues and work with Product Engineering, Production, and Maintenance to reduce or eliminate variation in manufacturing processes
• Develop and lead cost reduction projects
• 2-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
• Three years of manufacturing engineering experience and a working knowledge of Lean principles and tools including Kaizen & 5S implementation
• Previous garment manufacturing experience to include sewing, RF welding, and auto cutting
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required, including; Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical Engineering
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• P roficiency with CAD software in Auto CAD, Solid Works a plus
• Proficiency with machine control systems
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
• Ability to speak effectively before groups
• A background in research and development a plus
• Ability to approach and manage projects using a continuous improvement/Lean approach that includes leading and facilitating Kaizen and 6S projects
• Previous experience in new product development
• Experience with significant capital equipment and facility layout projects
• Ability to approach and manage projects using a continuous improvement/Lean approach that includes leading and facilitating Kaizen and 5S projects
Mustang Survival is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law.
Safariland - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
For more than 25 years, Safariland Armorwear has consistently produced the most technologically advanced bullet-resistant products for law...