Provide Manufacturing Engineering expertise to the design and manufacture of Skylines products and processes. Is a key member of project teams in development of new processes. Participate on new product commercialization teams. Continuously improve Skylines manufacturing processes developing low cost high quality solutions. Champion the spirit of continuous improvement throughout the company. |
- Develop & implement efficient and effective production processes. Processes may be complicated requiring the use of process capability analysis and statistical process control.
- Manage several Manufacturing Engineering projects at one time.
- Meet or exceed annual cost reduction goals.
- Initiate production process changes using standard lean production techniques.
- Assist drafting, quality testing, manufacturing, incoming receiving and planning as required to support business and customers.
- Handle all engineering changes, quality problems, and delivery problems related to assigned areas.
- Act as technical expert for the company for all production locations.
- Develop manufacturing processes to support new products developed through the Skyline Commercialization process.
- Write and coordinate specific and general assembly/process procedures for production department. Write manufacturing departmental procedures.
- Own the manufacturing process through the entire product lifecycle, including product design, validation, manufacturing, and obsolescence.
- Strong communication skills: Capacity to listen effectively; respond clearly and directly, use vocabulary appropriate to the situation; prepare clear, concise reports and records; receive written or oral instructions; use appropriate style, grammar, and tone in informational and formal business communications.
- Organizational Ability: Capability to plan, organize and monitor activities according to priorities; establish schedules, deadlines or quotas; coordinate resources toward fulfillment of desired objectives; organize work autonomously or as part of a team; control and/or adapt to interruptions, changes, disorder without losing efficiency or composure.
- Interpersonal Skills: Develops and maintains smooth, cooperative working relationship with peers, subordinates, and superiors; shows awareness of, and consideration for, the opinions, and feelings of others; brings conflicts and disagreements into the open and attempts to resolve them collaboratively.
- Innovation/Creativity: Demonstrates innovation in identifying improvements in processes, products and/or services; brings forward unique ideas and new solutions to address problems.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong project management experience.
- Strong product manufacturing knowledge.
- Ability to work with others: Ability to participate effectively as a part of a work team, cooperate with other and retain positive relationships.
- Leads others: ability to lead others, set priorities, delegate work, coordinate work efforts, monitor progress, motivate.
- Strong analytical skills.
- B. S. Engineering or equivalent.
- 1-3 years of engineering experience preferred.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Some light physical effort required.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility.
- Safety glasses required when completing tasks in the lab.
CareerBuilder - 17 months ago
Skyline Displays of Oregon & Idaho offers Skyline trade show and event exhibits to match any size and budget, ranging from tabletop...