Southco, the world leader in control access hardware, has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Engineer its Honeoye Falls, NY location.
For more information about Southco, please visit www.southco.com
Application of basic engineering principles, theory and concepts.Performs basic engineering tasks requiring application of learned techniques. Duties are designed to provide development and familiarization with the engineering staff, methods, practices, and programs. Tasks performed may include tabulation and correlation of data, performing calculations, analysis, writing reports, drawing and specification preparation, component selection, and input to task planning and scheduling. Assists solution of more complicated engineering problems.
1. Using prescribed methods, performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer.
2. Applies standards practices and techniques in specific situations, adjusts and correlates data, recognizes discrepancies in results, and follows operations through a series of related detailed steps or processes.
3. Develop a working knowledge of Southco manufacturing processes, techniques, materials, finishes, documentation systems, CAD system, and business system.
4. Participate in and contribute to assigned team acitivites.
5. Complete project assignments and accountabilities on schedule and on budget with supervision.
6. Complete training to facilitate accurate and efficient accomplishment of job duties.
1. BS Engineering or equivalent degree
2. Demonstrated ability to work in a Team Environment
3. 2-5 years of relevant technical experience; Metal Manufacturing to include any/or all of the following – stamping, turning, cnc lathe, heading, rolling, etc.
4. Computer competency expertise as related to CAD, Business Systems (SAP), etc.
5. SAP Experience preferred
6. Microsoft Office Suite
7. 3D Solid Modeling; NX preferred
8. Experience managing projects/new products launches a plus.
Southco believes first impressions are critical. From quality and performance to aesthetics and ergonomics, we know small touches make a big difference.
That's why the people of Southco are passionate about connecting with our customers to create innovative engineered access hardware solutions aimed at enhancing the "touch points" of our customers' products. Our talented, committed and globally-connected team of associates collaborate with our clients, and with each other, to understand and respond to our customers' needs. Together, we seek to leverage our global resources and deliver customers proven solutions, while reducing the overall cost and cycle time of the project.