This position is responsible for the technical development and improvement of new and current manufacturing systems and processes.
- This includes process/plant layout, work sequence, fixtures/tools/equipment, material flow, and working with Design and Service teams to focus on process and product improvements for overall safety, quality, manufacturability, and efficiency.
- Will coordinate engineering changes and work with Engineering and Materials Teams to improve commonality in field and production.
- This role will provide production line support for technical issues and work closely with production management in the continuous improvement of existing manufacturing systems, processes and equipment.
- BS Degree in Engineering or related field
- Technical expertise to perform root cause analysis – eliminating problems through design and process analysis to solve safety/ergonomic issues and machine/process improvements.
- Ability to work with multiple projects and teams in a continuously changing environment.
- Ability to work closely with a diverse group of people in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to implement engineering solutions to quality issues in a Lean Manufacturing (TPS) environment.
- Demonstrated understanding and practical use of JIT, Lean Manufacturing and Continuous Improvement techniques.
- Demonstrated understanding of optimizing people, material and information flow in a manufacturing environment.
- Proficient with computers, including MS Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and CAD/CAM software.
- Excellent problem solving skills and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to teach others.
- Must be flexible to work overtime, different shifts, on short notice / as production requires.
- Ability to work well under compressed time constraints.
- Familiarity with Tooling / Fixture design processes.
Terex is a "T-Rex" when it comes to making a variety of cranes, aerial platforms, and construction and materials processing...