Manufacturing Engineering Director
Broadwind Energy is seeking a Manufacutring Engineering Director for our Towers and Heavy Weldments division located in Manitowoc, WI. As a key member of the senior management team the Manufacturing Engineering Director provides hands-on technical direction and guidance to the organization in support of process development, continuous improvement, problem solving, quotations, and product realization. This involves interaction both within the organization and with customers and suppliers.
In this position you will have the opportunity to:
- Be the hands-on shop floor lead and direct engineering resources to support planning and production needs
- Act as the technical resource for quoting new business
- Technical lead for process improvement activities
- Senior leadership team involvement formulating company direction and strategies
- Implement new product introduction readiness planning and execution
- Customer involvement including audits, problem resolution, new business development.
To be successful in this position, you will need:
• Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline is required.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in the engineering profession, including at least 5 years in leadership is required.
• Must be proficient in using 3D CAD design software, preferably Solidworks.
Advanced degree in engineering or business is preferred.
• Experience in heavy manufacturing including various types of metal working and welding.
• Experience in the Wind Industry very beneficial.
• Travel approximately 10%.
• Ability to lead, guide and train personnel.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to react quickly, change direction, and re-evaluate priorities and apply resources while maintaining a diverse array of assignments and responsibilities is necessary.
• Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills must be applied to be effective.
• Strong proficiency with MS Office Suite of products is essential.
• Strong written and verbal communications.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands.
Broadwind Energy applies decades of deep industrial expertise to innovate integrated solutions for customers in the energy and infrastructure markets. From gears and gearing systems for wind, oil and gas and mining applications to wind towers, to comprehensive remanufacturing of gearboxes and blades, to operations and maintenance services, and specialty weldments, we have solutions for the energy needs of the future. With facilities throughout the U.S., Broadwind Energy's talented team of 800 employees is committed to helping customers maximize performance of their investments—quicker, easier and smarter.
Broadwind Energy is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.