For more than a half of a century, Boston Whaler employees have helped boaters make the most of their precious time on the water by providing superior quality unsinkable boats. Each staff member - from our skilled craftsmen to our dedicated professionals - contribute to cultivating and growing one of the most recognized and admired brands in the marine industry. Successful Boston Whaler employees are those who appreciate the importance of teamwork, quality and accountability.
The Manufacturing Engineering Technician provides manufacturing engineering support to all areas of the operation. This will include interfacing with various levels of Manufacturing, PD&E, Maintenance, Purchasing, and Quality Assurance. This position will focus on identification, root cause analysis, and issue resolution related to the manufacturing process.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Actively drive a positive Safety first culture in daily activities.
• Support production in issue resolution, continuous improvement, and change implementation
• Provide Manufacturing Engineering Tech support to Continuous Improvement activities including up front research, event participation, and post event follow-up.
• Design and develop tools, assembly aids, and fixtures to aid in safety, continuous improvement efforts, variation reduction, and productivity improvement to make production processes more robust.
• Develop SOPs, work instructions and procedures to document processes.
• Investigate issues relating to Bills of Materials, Kitting Issues, Process Sheets, and other Engineering Documentation and develop solution to resolve.
• Investigate process issues, verify and implement Engineering Changes.
• Participate in the Salary and Hourly Non-Exempt PACE and CI program.
• Perform other duties as necessary.
• Minimum 5 years manufacturing experience.
• Mechanical aptitude required.
• Must be able to interpret engineering drawings and production processes.
• PC skills (Windows based) required.
• CAD experiences a plus.
• AS400 experience a plus.
• Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
• AS in Engineering or related field preferred.
• Must be willing to advance computer knowledge to include Mechanical Drawing and other applications.
SPECIAL SKILLS & OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
• Must have outstanding leadership skills.
• Proven record of handling multiple tasks successfully.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be a self-starter and highly productive individual.
• Must be a team player.
• Ability to make sound decision based on information gathered.
• Professional written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be able to interact effectively and train all levels of employees.
• Demonstrated handling skills and working knowledge of power tools.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
About the Company:
For more than 50 years, Boston Whaler has been building superior quality unsinkable runabouts, cruisers and center console boats. Founded in 1958 and currently headquartered in Edgewater, Florida, the company's unique foam-cored construction process contributes not only unsurpassed flotation, but superior ride characteristics and durability. The current product line ranges from 11-37 feet and is distributed around the world by a network of exceptional dealers. For more information about The Unsinkable Legend, please visit www.bostonwhaler.com. Boston Whaler is owned by Brunswick Corporation, the largest marine manufacturer in the world.
Brunswick loves Veterans! All Veterans and Reservists are encouraged to apply.
Brunswick Corporation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer (Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans).
Brunswick Corporation - 15 months ago
Brunswick's business is everyone else's free time. The company is a global manufacturer of marine, recreation,...