This position is responsible for solving manufacturing process and product problems in an effort to improve the overall quality and delivery of YSI products.
This role will analyze sources of scrap and rework, conduct root cause analysis and implement countermeasures for continuous improvement.
The position will provide assistance with reactive maintenance, preventative maintenance and calibration of production assets (assembly and test equipment, instrumentation).
Job Specifications and Work Performed
- Perform root cause analysis (RCA) on failed parts or products.
Sources of failed or rejected product will include production (as Scrap/Rework), external customers (as Defective Parts Delivered [DPD] or Warranty Returns) or suppliers (as rejected material in the Material Review Board [MRB]).
- Collaborate effectively with Mfg Engineers, Quality engineers, Product engineers and Operations associates to solve broader issues.
Demonstrate the ability to work effectively in a team.
- Develop test methods and/or test set-ups to evaluate failed parts or products as required.
- Report on and/or present RCA
findings in an organized manner to the appropriate stakeholders.
Use pictures to document whenever possible.
- Implement or recommend the appropriate corrective actions via Process Change Notice (PCN) and/or Engineering Change (EC).
- Train Operations associates on improved assembly or test processes as well as updated equipment.
Develop and document troubleshooting routines as required.
- Communicate rejected supplier material evaluation backlog to supervisor and attend MRB review meetings as required.
- Monitor and report production First Pass Yields (FPY) for all areas that are FPY-capable.
- Assist the Mfg Engineering team in meeting or exceeding the stated FPY goal.
- Perform reactive maintenance on tools, fixtures and equipment as needed. This includes the replacement, modification or procurement of such devices including procurement of spare parts.
- Perform preventative maintenance on tools, fixtures and equipment as needed.
- Perform or order the calibration of gauges and test equipment as needed.
- Organize and file all required documentation for maintenance and calibration records as needed.
- Assist Mfg Engineering with Process or Equipment Development as requested.
Assemble, wire, build and document custom systems for New Product Development projects.
- Perform tasks associated with process validations for new assembly or test processes as requested by Mfg Engineering teammates.
- Participate in Kaizen events, Lean / Six Sigma projects and productivity improvement projects as required.
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in all manufacturing areas.
- Other responsibilities as directed.
- Associates degree in a technical field preferred (Electronics background highly desired)
- 3+ years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with troubleshooting and fixing product and process problems in a manufacturing environment.
Clear understanding of technical information, including schematics and engineering drawings
Ability to work from diagrams, sketches, schematics and engineering instructions.
Ability to read and analyze data in hard copy and on a computer screen.
Strong electrical and mechanical skills.
Knowledge of assembly techniques
Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts and tools
Basic computer skills (Word, Excel required)
Technical writing skills necessary to create work procedures
Demonstrated knowledge of computer and peripherals, hand, power and machine tools, scopes, meters and other measuring devices, and electrical test equipment.
Must be able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
Able to be productive in unstructured environment
Self starter – takes initiative to create and implement plans
Detail and team oriented.
Ability to communicate verbally and in writing to individuals and groups with a variety of personality types and levels of the organization as well as with outside customers.
Willingness and ability to listen effectively to understand problems and ideas conveyed by technical and non-technical personnel
Willingness and ability to convey information and work procedures to non-technical personnel
Professional image projection to customers and vendors
Knowledge of safe work practices
Must be able to lift 30 lbs. from floor to waist level on a regular basis.
Forty-hour week with moderate overtime requirements to meet business needs.
production schedule (both during production hours and during production downtime
Xylem (incorporated in the USA, stock symbol: XYL) is a leading global water technology provider, enabling customers to transport, treat, test and efficiently use water in public utility, residential and commercial building services, industrial and agricultural settings. The company does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands, and its people bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on finding local solutions to the world’s most challenging water and wastewater problems. Launched in 2011 from the spinoff of the water-related businesses of ITT Corporation, Xylem is headquartered in White Plains, N.Y., with annual revenues of $3.8 billion and 12,500 employees worldwide.
YSI Incorporated (a xylem brand) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy, age, medical condition, disability, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered uniformed service member/veteran (military) in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. YSI complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Xylem - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard