Manufacturing Engineer – Torrance and Paramount
ACE Clearwater Enterprises (ACE) is hiring full-time Manufacturing Engineers for our Torrance and Paramount locations. The Manufacturing Engineer plans manufacturing process and provides technical support to all manufacturing and support departments. Develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards.
ACE is a one stop shop for “Complex Formed and Welded Assemblies” for the aerospace and power generation industries. Since 1949, ACE has been the place for welding, machining, drop hammer forming, hyrdro-forming, hydraulic press forming and everything in between. With near total in-house capabilities, our team is solution driven. The selected candidate will join a company of over 100 employees focused on continuous improvement and customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze, design, and development of manufacturing processes including production flow and assembly methods
- Establishes the Manufacturing Bill of Material (BOM)
- Develops standard operating procedures for both fabrication and assembly processes
- Member of the Material Review Board (MRB) to disposition non-conforming hardware in compliance with customer requirements
- “Hands-On” participation on the shop floor for investigation of manufacturing problems and recommend solutions by developing both corrective actions and proper methodologies to solve those problems
- Monitors material consumption and institutes reduction methods by performing product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement, and improved efficiency
- Improves tooling/fixtures for fabrication and assembly to remove non-value added activity, to reduce set-up times and to improve quality and to reduce scrap
- Provides guidance to shop floor supervisors, leads and operators regarding process improvements
- Ability to read and interpret 2D blueprints and mylars with in-depth knowledge of GD&T and ability to interrogate 3D CAD models
- Significant background and knowledge of the following processes; Welding, Machine Shop, and Tube Bending Torrance Location)
- Significant background and knowledge of the following processes; Drop Hammer Forming, Hydro-Forming, Deep Draw Forming, and Foundry (Paramount Location)
- CAD/CAM experience utilizing SURFCAM 5-axis software or similar
- Experience in working on multiple projects and implementing a continuous improvement process
- Experience working within and AS9100 Rev “C” Quality Management System
- Knowledge of Aerospace Industry specifications and practices
- B.S. Degree in Mechanical or Manufacturing Engineering (or related discipline) plus a minimum 5 years related experience and/or training. Or equivalent expertise of on the job training and experience
ACE offers a competitive salary and medical, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance, 401k, paid vacation and holidays.