Manufacturing Excellence Training Specialist
Fairchild Semiconductor (NYSE: FCS), a leading global supplier of high performance power and mobile products, is seeking an organized, energetic training professional with a background in designing, developing and delivering manufacturing and technical training. This individual will consult with key stakeholders and members of the manufacturing organization to understand training needs; assist with the design and delivery of training programs; and contribute to the goal of consistent and high-quality education and knowledge management. This position reports to the Manufacturing Excellence Training Manager.
South Portland, Maine
- Design training using best-identified modalities, including e-learning, mobile learning, classroom, webinar, etc.
- Consult with internal customers, partner with subject matter experts, and develop training content that meets the needs of the manufacturing organization.
- Facilitate pilots, train-the-trainer, instructor-led, and virtual learning programs while continuously identifying strengths and improvement opportunities in instructional design.
- Maintain and consistently improve upon learning management system solutions related to manufacturing,such as maintenance, new functionality, streamlining curriculum creation, and reporting.
- Monitor, measure, and report on the effectiveness of manufacturing training programs.
- Develop and continuously improve manufacturing training. Successfully understand Fairchild’s business and meet with key stakeholders to understand existing training and future needs within the first month.
- Ninety days: (first quarter): Learn Plateau LMS at an intermediate level, become well-versed in all online learning software and how it is used at Fairchild.
- Six months: Develop or redesign two manufacturing courses; a classroom course, or other learning program.
- Use Plateau at an administrative level to support all manufacturing training needs. In a year’s time, the training specialist will have developed innovative and effective solutions in manufacturing education and, at the same time, learned new techniques, technologies, and applications.
- Strong experience working with e-learning development authoring tools (such as Articulate Studio and Storyline,Camtasia, and Adobe Captivate ).
- Training experience in a technical or manufacturing environment preferred.
- Sound understanding of adult learning theory and the ADDIE method of instructional design.
- Must be able to design interactive and creative online programs that engage learners and result in increased retention and participation.
- Exceptional written, verbal, instructional, and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work independently and establish effective working relationships with all levels of staff.
- Strong experience in using Learning Management Systems (LMS); Plateau experience preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Able to come up with an effective training solution with often-times complicated information and multiple stakeholders, while encouraging internal customers to think outside the box and move away from a “that’s the way we’ve always done it” philosophy.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, as well as Google apps and collaboration tools.
- Experience in delivering synchronous web events using online conferencing tools such as WebEx or Adobe Connect.
- Ability to take complicated processes and information and streamline/simplify for specific audiences.
- Technical aptitude to self-teach new technologies or applications.
- Experience in writing and managing documentation and revisions.
- Understanding of video and audio editing preferred.
- Minimum associates degree in engineering or technical field; semiconductor experience strongly preferred.
- Background in training and e-learning; ASTD, eLearning Guild, instructional design, or similar training certifications.
Fairchild Semiconductor Incorporated - 16 months ago