Responsible for providing management and guidance to manufacturing operations. Responsible for planning, monitoring, and scheduling of staff and work operations in the department in a safe and efficient manner. Through Team Leaders, assures production objectives are met within cost, quality, and safety standards. Responsible for employment decisions, reviews, and overall development of department leaders.
This position will report to the General Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Provides leadership and continuous improvement to the Manufacturing Team in the areas of quality, cost/productivity, delivery, and safety.
- Provides necessary resources and training, coaches/mentors associates on behavior relevant to MBCI values, policies, procedures, and performance standards.
- Works with other Manufacturing Managers and departments to make facility process changes, and assures that OSHA and other safety and environmental regulations are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned by General Manager.
- Minimum of 5-8 years experience in a manufacturing and/or wood finishing environment with demonstrated team participation and/or leadership and related continuous improvement successes. Must have 5 years supervisory experience.
- Strong leadership, analytical, problem solving, delegation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Knowledge of solvent and water based finishes such as toners, stains, sealers, and topcoats.
- Knowledge of air assisted, airless, and HVLP spray gun technology.
- Ability to maintain the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- A sound working knowledge of MRP, JIT, and Kanban manufacturing systems, andTQM problem solving techniques.
WE MAY NOT ALWAYS SIT DOWN TOGETHER, BUT WE STILL GATHER AROUND THE TABLE .... come home to MASTERBRAND.
- Bachelor's or Associates degree in woodworking industry preferred.
At MasterBrand Cabinets, we understand the importance of working hard and living well. It's our people-first company philosophy and the very foundation that allows top talent to feel valued and fulfilled. With annual revenue of more than $1 billion, we reward individual contribution, promote career mobility, and allow you to grow as we do. But, perhaps the best part of working at MasterBrand comes when you realize the people you work with have become the people you rely on, care for, and partner with at every turn. Discover what the heart of a great company can do for your future. Discover the people of MasterBrand.
MasterBrand Cabinets offers competitive compensation and benefits, including paid holidays and vacations, 401k, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
In order to be considered for employment, you must complete an Application for Employment in its entirety. Only applications that are fully completed shall be considered by MBCI.
You will be contacted for an interview if MBCI believes you may be qualified for an open position(s). If you are made an offer of employment, the offer of employment will be contingent upon successfully completing: (1) a background check; and (2) a drug screen. In addition, prior to reporting to active employment, you will need to verify eligibility for employment in the United States.
MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.
Great People. Great Brands. Great Future.
Fortune Brands Home & Security, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job
At Masterbrand Cabinets, Inc. we make more than cabinets; we make dreams come true. Our focus is listening to today's families, then...