Functional Area(s): Manufacturing
Job Description: General Mills is seeking a Manufacturing Manager to provide manufacturing leadership and excellence to deliver a world-class operation. Lead production business unit(s) to achieve results. Lead, motivate, and develop supervisors and employees to achieve outstanding manufacturing performance results, while leveraging Continuous Improvement (Lean/TPM) tools, improving individual skills, and enhancing teamwork. Serve as member of plant leadership team to establish plant strategies and achieve plant goals. Work in collaboration with business unit leaders in support of broader business initiatives.
Positions are located in various US plant locations. Please indicate your location preferences in your application questionnaire when prompted.
In this role you will:
Provide Organizational Leadership in a Dynamic and Collaborative Environment
• Provide business and technical leadership necessary to ensure both the department and facility meet and/or exceed goals in critical manufacturing success areas (Cost, Quality, Sanitation, System Utilization, Customer Service, Health/Safety/Environment).
• Establish and sustain effective relationships in order to foster an environment where innovation and cooperation are used to solve problems.
• Develop team leaders by providing coaching, support, direction, documented performance appraisals, and ongoing feedback.
• Educate, develop and motivate a manufacturing work group to achieve outstanding production results.
• Ensure efficient, safe, & sanitary processing & packaging of consumer food products to meet customer demands.
• Ensure that production facilities and finished products meet the company and government standards of quality, sanitation and safety.
• Provide business leadership that demonstrates commitment to department and plant goals on a day to day basis.
• Ensure effective interchange of information between work groups and support resources at the plant and from within the corporation.
• Ensure the proper selection, training, development and motivation of subordinates to maximize current and future performance.
• Create an environment where all employees are encouraged & developed to reach their full potential in meeting department/business goals.
• Assume ownership for strategic initiatives and additional duties as assigned.
Demonstrate Technical Mastery of Self and Organization
• Obtain in-depth understanding of technical manufacturing processes and ensure that first-level supervisors are progressively developing technical expertise.
• Develop deep understanding of Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement methodologies.
• Function as a technical and business resource in areas of system operations and product requirements.
• Drive Continuous Improvement and total employee involvement in critical success areas by empowering leaders and employees to utilize Lean manufacturing tools.
Report directly to Plant Manager. Manage several direct reports (depending on specific position).
• Bachelors degree required. Engineering, Industrial Technology, Business or Management major preferred.
• 5-7 years of manufacturing management experience.
• Demonstrated experience using Continuous Improvement or related strategies (Lean, TPM, Six Sigma) to drive performance.
• Strong leadership skills including the ability to implement change, influence business strategies, and resolve conflict.
• Ability to develop and lead strategic initiatives.
• Ability to develop and coach others.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
• Ability to adjust to multiple demands, shifting work priorities, ambiguity, adversity and change.
• Demonstrated understanding of technology i.e. complexities of products, machinery, and costs.
• Good analytical and business judgment including demonstrated problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
• Good financial analysis and resource allocation skills.
• Committed to results and execution.
• Risk taker/change agent.
• Clear standards of personal integrity, business ethics and values.
Relocation benefits offered!
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's leading food companies, General Mills operates in more than 100 countries and markets more than 100 consumer brands, including Cheerios, Häagen-Dazs, Nature Valley, Betty Crocker, Pillsbury, Green Giant, Old El Paso, Yoplait and more. Headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA, General Mills had fiscal 2012 global net sales of US$16 billion.
We seek out the best of the best and give them development, support and the chance to lead something big. If you’re ready to fulfill your potential, consider sharing your talents with the outstanding people of General Mills. You will work with legendary brands, nourish people around the world, and start building your own legacy.
Location: Multiple Locations, US
Job ID: 51976972
General Mills Inc. - 6 months ago
copy to clipboard
Our Brands. Your Legacy.
Great brands start with the people that make them great. One of the world's leading food companies, General Mills...