Job Title: Midwest Operations Manager
Department: EnviroTech Services, Inc. Midwest Region
Rep or ts To: Midwest Regional Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary : Manufacturing m anagement position based in Randolph Minnesota. Responsible for multiple sites in e xecuting the short-term and long-term plan s necessary to ensure the successful distribut ion of de-icing and dust control products to customers and suppliers. Includes managing employees, budgets, customer accounts, product s, storage terminals , freight program s key business partners and suppliers, and other company assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manages M idwest plant operations and performance , via direct management and through plant foremen at multiple locations.
- Apply continuous improvement methods to all aspects of operations to achieve higher customer satisfaction and operating expense reductions.
- Develop and management of trucking fleet, drivers and third party trucking relationships , including hiring and negotiations.
- P rovide ongoing and appropriate c or rective feedback and discipline to assigned w or kers as required to ensure their maximum output; conduct periodic f or mal and inf or mal appraisals.
- Develop , plan and execute work schedules with assigned employees for receiving and processing customer or ders and associated product distribution requirements , to include the handling, management and procurement actions f or product s and freight shipments.
- Develop, review and manage department operating expense budgets as assigned; responsible for the cost efficient operation of assigned storage terminals, plants, truck and rail fleets as assigned; responsible for operation at or below approved budget levels.
- Develop, review and manage capital expenditure budgets as assigned; responsible for the capital expenditure estimates; approves expenditures associated with capital expenditures; responsible for overseeing completion of capital projects at or below approved capital expenditure levels.
- Execute company Quality Control plans, directives and programs, to include ensuring c or rect product sampling and retention, blending system equipment checks, quality control paperw or k accountability, and w or king with company quality control personnel.
- Oversee and approve purchasing requests and purchase orders of assigned employees to ensure the cost efficient and appropriate expenditure of company capital and operating expenses budgets.
- Develop, plan and execute w or k schedules f or product blending , packaging and manufacturing as assigned.
- Develop, plan , oversee and execute as necessary order processing, freight shipping, pricing and pre-invoicing actions in the company’s IFS accounting and distributi on computer system .
- Develop, analyze and maintain product and freight costing using Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, to include maintaining costing data in the company’s IFS computer system.
- Interact in a professional manner with company man a gers, employees, customer s , suppliers and other key business partners.
- Act as standing and ad hoc company committee chairperson(s) as assigned; develop committee programs and agendas; chair committee meetings; approved committee actions; forward committee recommendations as necessary to improve company operations.
- Safeguard confidential employee and company information that may be shared or discussed during company business meetings or at other times.
- Be conversant with and/or perform as required all the duties associated with Plant Foremen, Plant Technicians, and Driver – Applicators .
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Education and/ or Experience; Certificates, Licenses, Registrations ; Other Qualifications
Prefer b achel or 's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university preferably in business administration, supply chain management, operations analysis or transp or tation management; and 8 years progressive experience with 5 + years in operations management, or equivalent combinat ion of education and experience will be considered. Training and experience with Total Quality Management and Continuous Improvement methodologies are a plus.
2. Language Skills
The ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. The ability to compose and write extensive and routine rep or ts as well as other such c or respondence. The ability to effectively present inf or mation in one-on-one and small group situations to fellow employees of this or ganization, customers, and other business partners.
3. Mathematical Skills
Strong math skills with ability to develop and calculate operational metrics, product blending, and operational costing analysis. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
4. Reasoning Ability
Ability to apply fact based decision making and logical thinking to operational challenges. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
5. Computer Skills
Ability to operate company’s accounting / or der software system (IFS); Microsoft Office software with a strong emphasis in Excel spreadsheet development and utilization.
6. Physical Demands
While perf or ming the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/ or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
7. W or k Environment
While perf or ming the duties of this j ob, the employee may be occasionally exposed to wet and/ or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airb or ne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the w or k environment is usually moderately quiet in office settings to loud in field settings .
Supervis or y Responsibilities
This position supervises Midwest Plant Foreman’s, Distribution Coordinators , Driver/Applicator’s a nd/or Plant Technicians in a Manager capacity.
To perf or m the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Rep or ts potentially unsafe c onditions : Uses equipment and materials properly .
Teamw or k - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build m or ale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supp or ts everyone's eff or ts to succeed.
Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity f or cultural differences; Promotes a harassment-free environment.
Ethics - W or ks with integrity and ethically; Upholds or ganizational values.
Organizational Supp or t / Professionalism - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks c or rectly and on time; Supp or ts or ganization's goals and values; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Inspires the respect and confidence of others; Keeps commitments; Exhibits confidence in self and others; Accepts feedback from others and is responsibility f or own actions; Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; F ollows through on commitments.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at w or k and on time; Ensures w or k responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Job Specific Competencies
To perf or m the job successfully, the Midwest Operations Manager should demonstrate the following competencies:
Leadership and Management Capability – Develops , approves, implements, executes and oversees department employees, programs, plans, budgets, capital expenditure projects, company committees in a manner that maximizes stakeholder and company economic value; provides successful leadership and management to assigned employees; displays good decision-making judgment; demonstrates appropriate confidentiality with sensitive employee and company data; reviews and recommends strategic initiatives.
Supervising People - Includes team in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; Takes responsibility f or sub or dinates' activities; Makes self available to staff; Provides regular perf or mance feedback; Develops sub or dinates' skills and encourages growth; Fosters quality focus in others; Improves processes, products and services; Continually w or ks to improve supervis or y skills; Delegates w or k assignments; Matches the responsibility to the person; Gives auth or ity to w or k independently; Sets expectations and monit or s delegated activities; Provides input f or recognition f or results.
Planning and Organization - Pri or itizes and plans w or k activities; Recommends goals and objectives; Uses time efficiently; Plans f or additional resources; Develops realistic action plans; Organizes or schedules own and other peoples tasks.
Productivity – Produces a significant volume of w or k and does efficiently and in the specified time period; Meets productivity standards; Strives to increase productivity.
Quality of W or k - Demonstrates accuracy and th or oughness; Looks f or ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve perf or mance; Monit or s own w or k to ensure quality.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests f or service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes inf or mation skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; W or ks well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Judgment - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
Motivation - Sets and achieves goals; Demonstrates persistence in overcoming obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes reasonable risks to accomplish goals.
Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; L istens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings ; Assesses numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written inf or mation Writes clearly and inf or matively; Edits w or k f or spelling and grammar.
Monster - 13 months ago