PolyOne Corporation (NYSE: POL) is a leading global provider of specialized polymer materials, services and solutions. Headquartered in Ohio, USA, PolyOne has operations in North America, South America, Europe, and Asia as well as joint ventures in North America and South America. PolyOne serves more than 10,000 customers across the globe and offers more than 35,000 polymer solutions. The company has more than 4,000 employees worldwide located in more than 40 manufacturing and warehouse facilities, over a dozen labs and technical centers, and sales and service locations on four continents.
We offer a competitive salary, incentive and benefit plan. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, spending accounts and 401(k). For more information about PolyOne visit www.polyone.com .
This position supports Plant Manufacturing and Technical Operations while maintaining a strong focus on continual Process Improvement and Optimization. Applies fundamental knowledge of basic principles, theories and concepts of industry standards and practices to design, automate, modify, or develop facilities, testing, machines, equipment or processes used in processing or manufacturing products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Under the guidance of the Sr. Process Engineer
In addition to the PolyOne Competencies required for all jobs, the following
- Develops, designs, and communicates manufacturing processes.
- Monitors and revises processes to help generate cost savings and improve the quality and efficiency of product/process.
- Participates in design reviews to improve the ability to manufacture products.
- Responsible for the activities related to the development of new processes including researching current and emerging technologies, evaluating process cost, quality, and performing process characterization and optimization studies using designed experiments, problem-solving and decision making tools.
- Identifies and solves issues or problems with equipment/process. Troubleshoots possible causes and coordinates the activities of maintenance, production and other available resources to implement cost effective solutions.
- Provides coordination of new process installation and process changes.
- Other projects/duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications are required for this job:
- Bachelors-Mechanical Engineering or Related Field
- 3-5 years of chemical or refining industry experience
- maintenance, process and/or project engineering in a manufacturing environment
- Process Safety Management experience
- Lean Six Sigma (Green Belt Certified or higher)
- reliability, predictive & preventive maintenance experience
- Mechanical integrity and root cause analysis
- team facilitiation and leadership
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities may require close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment ranges from normal office noise levels to loud.
To submit your resume and salary history you must apply to http://careers.polyone.com
PolyOne Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status, or other legally protected classification in the state in which a person is seeking employment. PolyOne will use E-Verify to ensure employment eligibility of newly hired employees where required.
PolyOne Corporation - 14 months ago