Inspects manufacturing assemblies for conformity to standards, specifications, and processing requirements. Inspects for proper identity and dimensions using such measuring devices as micrometers, gauges, and calipers. Visually inspects for obvious defects or damage such as corrosion, cracks, dents, scratches, and pits. Verifies specifications using blueprints, drawing or inspection instructions, and checklists. Makes pass fail decisions on inspected goods. Maintains records of results. Inspections may involve compound angles or three dimensional projections using inspection using inspection equipment such as microscope, micrometers, telescope gauges, and optical comparators.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Personally perform inspection/testing on products/materials.
- Personally perform first article inspections, functional test inspections.
- Capable of documenting and communicating discrepancies in a definitive manner, to support the final engineering disposition of the non-conformances.
- Capable of extracting required data from the computer systems to assist the inspection process from reduced dimensioned drawing system.
- Capable of interfacing with all levels of management, suppliers, and the FAA.
- Proficient in computer usage to include Microsoft windows products, SAP experience desired.
- Maintain all inspection equipment calibration and maintenance requirements in accordance with ISO 9000 standards.
- Provide and coordinate all necessary inspection training to all levels of the business.
- 5 years of experience in aerospace Quality Assurance, two of which have been in an inspection role.
- Must have hands-on inspection experience with mechanical components.
- Advanced skill in blueprint reading to include tolerancing and ANSI Y14.5 geometric dimensioning.
- Experienced with micrometers, bore gauges, calipers, indicators and surface gauges.
- BS in Engineering or related field
This is an individual contributor role without supervisory responsibilities
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / REQUIREMENTS
Work requires some physical strain such as long periods of standing and walking in production facility, lifting of moderately heavy items such as test equipment kits and product cases. Other physical demands include climbing, crouching, and reaching.
Eclipse Aerospace - 2 years ago