Smith & Wesson is an American company with a 160-year history that is woven into the fabric of this great nation. We are proud to represent over 1,600 jobs, over 1,400 of them in Springfield, Massachusetts. These are jobs filled by people who manufacture our products right here in America.
Job Purpose :
Develops and implements optimal, cost-effective quality manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards. Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, training, methods and controls. Coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products. Priorities include process improvement, problem resolution, project management and employee training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Essential duties include the following - other duties may be assigned
· Drive company to identify and establish quality management systems based in prevention, utilizing capability studies, process FMEA, SPC, DoE, CoV, gage R&R, and other quality tools
· Assist in the qualification of new manufacturing processes and equipment
· Be fully capable of recognizing machine, tool, & fixture issues and communicate suggestions to engineering
· Conduct print reviews and approvals
· Develop and define supplier product inspection criteria, cosmetic defects and communication of criteria and expectations internally and to the suppliers. Work effectively with the supplier quality engineers
· Facilitate formal, hands-on Root Cause and Corrective Action activity
· Create processes and procedures
· Tabulate and analyze quality data – Drive change with solid metrics
· Provide assistance and direction to the inspectors and quality technicians
· Assist in the processing of first article inspections
· Assists with internal process and gage audits
· Work to eliminate hard gauging through the use of statistical process controls
Experience, Competencies and Education
· Bachelor’s degree or ASQ Certification in mechanical, manufacturing, quality, or materials engineering
· Three to five years of prior related Manufacturing and Quality Assurance experience is required
· A genuine belief in continuous improvement and disciplined processes, with a willingness to analyze, challenge and change processes, if needed, to create a more efficient environment and culture. Must also understand how to communicate these transformational changes to a diverse workforce and management
· Expertise with all Statistical Process Control; Six Sigma experience is highly desirable
· Extensive knowledge of metrology
· Strong, proven problem solving skills
· Proficient with Microsoft Office applications and statistical software
· Good Communication skills - Strong and well developed interpersonal skills
· Ability to present data to management in an effective manner
· Specific experience in drawing interpretation and standards ( GD & T)
· Strong organizational and time management skills accompanied with a proactive mindset
· Knowledge, understanding, and experience with general industrial processes, such as machining, casting and molding.
· Knowledge of metallurgy a plus
Smith & Wesson has a strong reputation for offering a comprehensive benefits package including 401 ( k), profit sharing, medical, dental and vision coverage for its employees.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to the policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis, including gender, race, ethnicity, veteran status, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, age, disability, or national origin.
Smith & Wesson - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Smith & Wesson has built a successful business shooting for the stars. Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (operating through...