Oskaloosa Engineering and Manufacturing is a family-owned and operated machine shop in Oskaloosa, IA. We manufacture our own line of gearboxes and machine parts for Ag related companies all over the United States.
Supervise and coordinate all Quality Control, Calibration, and Quality Assurance activities at Oskaloosa Engineering. Provide daily support to Manufacturing, Manufacturing Engineering, Purchasing, and Contracts in Quality related issues, drive continuous improvement initiatives throughout the manufacturing and inspection processes both at Oskaloosa Engineering and at our suppliers.
- Effectively supervise and direct all Quality Control, Calibration, and Quality Assurance activities on a daily basis, establish clean performance expectations for all Quality Department associates and their accountability.
- Strong understanding of ISO and the ability to apply all specified requirements in a cost-effective approach.
- Coordinate and participate in all Quality Management System audits and Product Quality audits.
- Collect, compile and analyze all available measurement data to determine both the actual root causes of identified problems and required corrective (preventive) actions to prevent recurrence, respond to all customer requests for corrective action (CAR) in a timely and effective manner.
- Affect Internal PPM (scrap) reduction and external PPM (customer rejection) reduction both internally and at our suppliers (both machining and special processing), compile and maintain PPM measurement data for management review.
- Knowledge of dimensional inspection measurement systems and their application for the inspection of complex products.
- Ability to complete full PPAP packages and facilitate the completion of FMEA’s and Control Plans cross functionally.
Desired Experience and Capabilities
- Experience in Quality Engineering or related technical field
- Ability to promote and foster a Continuous Improvement culture both internally and at our suppliers.
- Effective communicator – strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong understanding of FMEA, PPAP, Capability Studies, Process Control, Gage R&R Studies, and lean systems.
- Ability to determine the appropriate dispositions for nonconforming product.
- General understanding of metallurgy; ability to understand the physical and mechanical properties of metals as affected by composition, mechanical working and heat treatments.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to write CMM programs and effectively use a CMM.
- Machining background is a plus.
- Medical/Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacation
Send resume to:
PO BOX 216
Oskaloosa, IA 52577
Oskaloosa Engineering and Manufacturing is a state-of-the-art contract machine shop specializing in the machining of gray iron, ductile...