MANUFACTURING TEAM SUPERVISOR
Under the direction of the Injection Molding Manufacturing Manager, the Team Supervisor will oversee the day to day responsibilities of 3rd shift including meeting production needs and producing quality products while maintaining appropriate staffing levels in a safe & clean work environment, using lean tools to meet our departmental and corporate objectives.
- Support continuous improvement of production efficiencies, scrap and quality levels, production equipment, safety record, and employee morale.
- Maintain a well trained, properly staffed and motivated workforce. This includes providing feedback and counseling to assigned staff as needed.
- Measure and maintain and report key production metrics.
- Follow production schedules to meet customer demands, while minimizing inventory investment, ensuring a minimal of scrap, bulk and non-conforming product is being produced.
- Act as a resource to resolve any processing related questions.
A high school diploma or equivalent is required, along with a minimum of 2 years prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment. Prior plastic injection molding knowledge preferred. Requires strong leadership and communication skills with the flexibility to work on all 3 shifts and weekends as needed to meet the needs of our customers. Prior experience with lean manufacturing helpful. Must be able to visually inspect the product for quality/color and be able to lift/push/pull up to 40 pounds.
Hellermann Tyton - 17 months ago