Nortech Systems, Inc . is a full-service electronics manufacturing services (EMS) provider of wire and cable assemblies, printed circuit board assemblies and diagnostic repair and integration services including higher-level assemblies and box builds for a wide range of industries. The markets we serve include medical, automotive, aerospace, computer peripheral, commercial, telecom, government and consumer. We have a range of specialized, high-tech facilities used for customized design, manufacture, testing and repair of our solutions.
We are always looking for talented professionals to succeed and grow with us as we create unique, effective, efficient and economical solutions for our clients. We value innovative, creative people who are looking for a challenge and are able to adapt to rapid and continuous change. As a valued employee, you must be flexible and able to meet any challenge that comes your way.
The overall function of the Manufacturing Technician is to c oordinate the development and implementation of the quality system and to research, develop and implement process improvements necessary to eliminate waste and reduce inventory. This position is responsible for the development of the performance metric system used to report on continuous process improvements.
- Work with various departments to create, modify and/or improve machines, fixtures or tooling to ensure a safe and productive work process & environment
- Study blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, depth and angle of cut, or enter commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Sets up and operate machines on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Install machined replacement parts in mechanisms, machines, and equipment, and tests operation of unit to ensure functionality and performance.
- Maintain machines or tools such as calipers, wire strippers, soldering irons, crimpers, micrometer, dial gauge and a variety of other tools.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software; spreadsheet software; inventory software and order processing systems.
Insperity - 23 months ago