In this second-shift position, you will support maintenance department objectives in terms of equipment repair, troubleshooting and hands-on requirements for all manufacturing operations. You will support corrective and preventative maintenance initiatives as well as continuous improvement activities. Support responsibilities will include project management, maintenance scheduling, personnel assessments and development of internal service department for all Multisorb facilities. Act as liaison for production shift leaders, shift to shift communications and contract labor requirements. Specific duties include:
To qualify, you must have a High School Diploma plus advanced technical skills training. Associates degree in engineering technology or other technical field preferred. 3-5 years’ experience in service and machine repair of manufacturing equipment required. The successful candidate will possess strong mechanical and electrical aptitude for production equipment; secure troubleshooting skills; strong mathematical aptitude; high attention to detail; PLC programming knowledge; secure PC skills; knowledge of CMMS / Asset management software; secure use of hand and power tools; strong interpersonal skills; good teacher and trainer; demonstrated strong work ethic, initiative, demonstrated safety performance; strong written and verbal communication skills; good organizational skills; experience with technical customer service. Facility Infrastructure maintenance and operation (HVAC, Compressed Gases, Chilled Water, Industrial Electricity, etc…) and demonstrated / practical experience in change management desirable.
- Technically competent to support and maintain all production and facility equipment.
- Perform root cause analysis of equipment malfunctions, downtime situations and other failures.
- Implements repair solutions, recommends engineering support requirements, identifies training needs for production and maintenance staff.
- Checks equipment to determine accuracy of adjustment and alignment.
- Responsible for providing effective training in the operation in accordance with Company training policies and practices. Looks for opportunities to coach and develop technical skills, for all employees. Shares knowledge and skills.
- Maintains work area in a manner acceptable to the Company.
- Responsible for repair assessment to ensure that equipment repair and preventative maintenance being performed according to work instructions.
- Participates with Maintenance, Facility Maintenance and Engineering in defining and adjusting of preventative maintenance, repair procedures, and spare parts requirements on all equipment.
- Prevents defects and possible defects in workmanship, thus reducing scrap.
- Notifies tool crib attendant of impending shortages and any problems with material.
- Utilizes CMMS and maintains all necessary data recording and work order accuracy, for the purpose of process metrics reporting.
- Participates and leads team problems solving sessions to implement continuous improvement. Assists the Senior Mechanic in departmental activities and specific projects.
- Coaches and trains employees on service expectations, troubleshooting, and other work practices. Provides frequent feedback to employees.
- Monitors work practices in the department to ensure that Company rules and policies are being followed. Notifies Facility and Maintenance Leader of violations.
- Assists in performance appraisal of team employees.
- Responsible for the effective use of resources, time, materials and equipment.
- Maintains effective lines of communication with Production Shift Leaders, Team Leaders, Engineering staff, and other departments where appropriate.
Multisorb Technologies - 9 months ago
Multisorb Technologies is the worldwide leader in active packaging technology. For over 50 years Multisorb has offered solutions for...