Manufacturing Technology Specialist-1301832
Organization : Safety & Graphics Business Gro
Primary Location: USA Region-United States-Minnesota-Maplewood
Job Type: Experienced
3M is seeking a Manufacturing Technology Specialist for the Personal Safety Division
Location: The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Technology Specialist will be located in Maplewood, MN. Relocation assistance is available. Travel is anticipated to 10%
The person hired for the position of Manufacturing Engineering Specialist within the Personal Safety Division, Manufacturing Technology Development group, is to support Scotchlite™ Reflective Materials (SRM) products. This will include providing support for existing SRM products, participating on new product introduction (NPI) teams, investigating new process technologies, qualifying alternate raw materials, and driving cost reduction programs. This person will need to collaborate effectively with colleagues in many other functions, including the lab, quality assurance, marketing, technical service, regulatory affairs, supply chain, and finance. This position is being added to the Performance Safety Apparel business unit as part of a significant new investment.
Major responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead the process development for new products and processes
- Investigate new manufacturing technologies to improve current processes or enable new products
- Identify and implement cost reduction, PPU improvement, and supply chain optimization projects
- Deliver projects safely, on-time, and within budget
- Support cross-functional NPI or NTI teams
- Communicate timelines, deliverables, resource needs to complete projects in a timely manner
- Establish cost estimates and manufacturing plans
- Proficiently plan, organize, and carry out complex engineering activities independently
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
· Bachelor’s of Science degree in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
· Minimum 5 years of combined experience in a manufacturing plant and/or laboratory environment
· Bachelor’s of Science degree in Engineering
· Demonstrated use of skills and knowledge of equipment, systems, materials, processes, and procedures to solve manufacturing problems
· Minimum of 5 years of experience with coating, printing, web handling, and/or converting technologies
· Experience leading and/or participating on cross functional teams
· Self-starter who leads with high energy and passion
· Proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget
· Effective facilitation, communication, and teaching skills
· Ability to engage and influence the organization
· Ability to multi-task and handle large workloads under time constraints
· Ability to understand and apply analytical and statistics tools
· Results-oriented with strong process and execution skills
About Personal Safety Division
3M captures the spark of new ideas and transforms them into thousands of ingenious products. Our culture of creative collaboration inspires a never-ending stream of powerful technologies that make life better. 3M is the innovation company that never stops inventing. With $30 billion in sales, 3M employs about 84,000 people worldwide and has operations in more than 65 countries. For more information, visit http://www.youtube.com/user/3M or follow @3MNews on Twitter.
Apply now for this exciting opportunity with 3M.
3M is an EEO/AA employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
3M - 12 months ago
At 3M, we pair imaginative thinking with science-based technology to create globally-renowned products. We lead scores of markets: health...