Working under a learning college philosophy (http://www.estrellamountain.edu/learning-college) and placing learning first anyway, anyplace, anytime, Estrella Mountain Community College is hiring a faculty member in Manufacturing Technology as part of a Trade Adjustment Assistance Community College Career Training (TAACCCT) Get Into Energy Grant. Faculty member will provide multidisciplinary instruction in Advanced Manufacturing with expertise in Nuclear Power Plant Technology including; Plant Systems and Industrial Safety. Individual will provide hands-on instruction in Energy Industry Fundamentals in a lecture and lab setting.
Supervises and instructs a diverse population of students in a classroom and/or lab setting; develops written syllabi/course outlines and course materials; evaluates knowledge of subject matter taught and monitors students' scholastic records; prepares and grades exams; maintains office hours to assist and advise students; engages in the academic life of the college by participating in District wide and campus committees
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with at least three (3) years of directly related occupational experience and skill in the field to be taught, OR Associate's degree or at least sixty four (64) semester hours from an accredited college or university and, in addition, at least five (5) years of directly related occupational experience in the field to be taught, OR five (5) years' experience in the field, OR a Master's degree in the teaching field, or a Master's in any teaching field with 24 upper division and/or graduate semester hours in the teaching field, or Master's in any teaching field with 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching field
- EDU250 - Teaching and Learning in the Community Colleges or equivalent (must be completed within two years of date of hire)
Special Working Conditions
- Bachelor of Science degree or higher
- Five (5) or more years' of related experience in nuclear/utility fields
- Industry recognized licensure/certification (i.e. Senior Nuclear Reactor Operator Instructor Certification)
- Knowledge of nuclear plant systems and technology
- Teaching and/or training experience with energy related instructional or occupational programs
May be required to work evenings and weekends. May require prolonged sitting at a computer work station.
Maricopa County Community College District - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard