Reports To Director of Engineering and Compliance |
Location Jackson, Missouri
PURPOSE / ACCOUNTABILITY
The Mapping Specialist is responsible for the development, design and maintenance of the Geographic Information System (GIS) and other related functions to include, but are not limited to, drawing, performing technical computations and asset management to ensure quality posting of natural gas distribution system additions, expansions, maintenance, and modifications plus provide management services for tracking various types of work orders from conception to completion in accordance with all Company policies and accepted standards.
Successful performance requires thorough knowledge of the GIS system with the ability to balance work load in order to accomplish timely completion of projects and tasks. This position requires an effective combination of technical knowledge and communication ability, to include the ability to effectively present information to various target groups plus respond to questions from groups of employees, contractors, customers, and the general public.
The Mapping Specialist should have effective work management skills to include managing tasks, processes and technology.
- Develops, maintains and updates system facility records, maps, sketches and working designs in a GIS and/or Computer Aided Design (CAD) software.
- Updates existing maps and computerized drawings and databases to reflect additions, removals and other changes to land bases and company owned pipeline facilities.
- Prepares charts, graphs, drawings and other visual aids used in presentations.
- Maintains library of maps and related databases including computerized maps obtained from various sources.
- May oversee daily project activities and delegates work assignments.
- Assists Engineers and Engineering Specialists in various projects as required.
- Assists with training and direction of other employees engaged in similar activities.
- Establishes, organizes and maintains detailed records and files using various computer programs.
- Incorporates safety in the design, operation, and/or management of facilities and proactively monitors employee behavior to insure a safe and healthy workplace.
- Effectively manages assigned projects while maintaining work product reliability and volume.
- The need to react to change productively and to undertake other tasks as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- An associate's degree in GIS, Computer Drafting or related field, and two years of experience in CAD/GIS, or equivalent. A certificate in GIS, Computer Drafting, or a related field and three years of experience in CAD/GIS is preferred.
- A general educational knowledge normally acquired through a high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED) with a minimum of six years progressively responsible related experience in GIS, Computer Drafting or related field.
- Knowledge of ESRI GIS, Telvent Designer, MicroStation CAD, Great Plains Financial systems and Microsoft Dynamics WennSoft are a plus.
- Requires the ability to perform algebraic, trigonometric and geometric operations and/or moderately complex statistical and/or accounting methods.
- Requires a valid driver's license.
- Works in an indoor environment. Requires frequently performing activities, including, but not limited to, stooping, bending, crawling, kneeling, grasping, reaching, sitting, climbing, lifting, repetitive wrist movement and/or shifting gaze from data to PC screen
- Travel may be required to accomplish training requirements.
Liberty Utilities provides a superior customer experience through walk-in customer centers, locally focused conservation and energy...