DEPARTMENT: Operations Margin Control
JOB TITLE: Margin Specialist
CORPORATE TITLE: B5; Associate
EFFECTIVE DATE: 2010
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The purpose of this job is to prevent regulatory margin risk to the firm and our clients.
- Responsible for analyzing margin calculations for accuracy and ensuring accounts are correctly margined across all products
- Review margin calls for regulatory compliance
- Review IMR calculations and any exceptional processes for accuracy
- Perform quarterly task orientated audits
- Improve transparency and efficiency of the Margin process
- Analyze and examine business, technical and performance parameters
- Assist in drafting and implementing margin-related procedures
- Assist in responding to external and internal audits relating to margin issues
- Liaise with Client Services and other departments as necessary to issue margin calls and seek resolution of such calls
- Participate in the review of new products with respect to margin-related issues
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED :
- 5 -7 years of margining experience.
- Good working knowledge of PC Span and London PC Span
- Familiar with Joint Audit Committee Margins Handbook, rules and regulations.
- Understanding of basic Clearing, Client Services, Treasury, Accounting processes.
- Strong problem solving skills that are used to make effective decisions.
- Initiate and implement change and improvement in services processes and systems
- Required Technical Skills: Advanced Excel, Power Point, Word
- Strong Communications skills and the ability to work with Customers, Sales and Senior Management.
- Preferred Systems experience includes: GMI and the ability to query within GMI
- Knowledge of Canadian regulations, Regulation T, Portfolio Margin and JBO a plus.
Desired Licenses: Series 3,7, 99
POSITION WITHIN HIERARCHY:
Reports to Margin Control Manager and Head of Margin Control
LEVEL OF AUTONOMY:
Independent decision making is a part of the normal course of business. Anything beyond normal business is escalated to the Margin Manager and or Head of Margin Control as needed.
The corporate and investment banking arm of French superbank Crédit Agricole, Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank (or Crédit...