DEPARTMENT: Operations Margin Control
JOB TITLE: Margin Specialist
CORPORATE TITLE: B5; Associate
EFFECTIVE DATE: 2010
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The purpose of this job is to prevent regulatory margin risk to the firm and our clients.
- Responsible for analyzing margin calculations for accuracy and ensuring accounts are correctly margined across all products
- Review margin calls for regulatory compliance
- Review IMR calculations and any exceptional processes for accuracy
- Perform quarterly task orientated audits
- Improve transparency and efficiency of the Margin process
- Analyze and examine business, technical and performance parameters
- Assist in drafting and implementing margin-related procedures
- Assist in responding to external and internal audits relating to margin issues
- Liaise with Client Services and other departments as necessary to issue margin calls and seek resolution of such calls
- Participate in the review of new products with respect to margin-related issues
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED :
- 5 -7 years of margining experience.
- Good working knowledge of PC Span and London PC Span
- Familiar with Joint Audit Committee Margins Handbook, rules and regulations.
- Understanding of basic Clearing, Client Services, Treasury, Accounting processes.
- Strong problem solving skills that are used to make effective decisions.
- Initiate and implement change and improvement in services processes and systems
- Required Technical Skills: Advanced Excel, Power Point, Word
- Strong Communications skills and the ability to work with Customers, Sales and Senior Management.
- Preferred Systems experience includes: GMI and the ability to query within GMI
- Knowledge of Canadian regulations, Regulation T, Portfolio Margin and JBO a plus.
Desired Licenses: Series 3,7, 99
POSITION WITHIN HIERARCHY:
Reports to Margin Control Manager and Head of Margin Control
LEVEL OF AUTONOMY:
Independent decision making is a part of the normal course of business. Anything beyond normal business is escalated to the Margin Manager and or Head of Margin Control as needed.
Newedge - 13 months ago
The corporate and investment banking arm of French superbank Crédit Agricole, Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank (or Crédit...