Perform on-site coordination of Marine projects including start-ups, acceptance testing, and final Engine/Boat delivery. Provide outside sales start-up for the marine prime product sales staff and the product support area.
- Possess knowledge of Caterpillar engines and all related equipment. Be familiar with marine related application and operation of such equipment.
- Provide technical support to Marine account managers.
- Assist and review projects with sales staff for start-up assignments/ activities.
- Assist in ordering and expediting parts for jobs in process.
- Performs on-site start-up responsibilities of jobs in process. Perform periodic review of jobs in process with "sales team" to ensure proper and timely completion.
- Perform marine engine installation audits and PAR testing.
- Maintain an ongoing program of self-education in all technical aspects of company operations. Keep abreast of all new products and product improvements via regular study of factory bulletins and other publications. Maintain a current knowledge of all phases of engine operations and associated equipment.
- Has a full realization of the importance of contacts with the customer. Makes every effort to answer or resolve customer problems or complaints, instilling in the customer a firm confidence in the company's ability to meet his needs. Any unresolved complaints or problems should be reported to the Lead Engineer and/or Sales Manager immediately.
- Responsible for properly maintaining all assigned company property. Submit record of all expenses on a monthly basis.
- Conduct all business, civic and social activities in a manner which reflects integrity and professional excellence.
Minimum two-year secondary school, technical education and/or related job experience.
At least two year similar marine/mechanical related experience.
Must be able to pass DOT physical and drug screen requirements.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Your supervisor may request and assign you similar duties.