Life Cycle Engineering is recruiting for Marine General Helpers in anticipation of future work. These positions will be part of our Engineering Services Group out of the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard. The selected candidates will perform various general labor tasks in support of the work being performed for the U.S. Navy.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Must be a US citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain a DoD security clearance
Physical Demands & Expectations
- Assists workers in the skilled maintenance trades gathering tools, equipment or necessary supplies
- Performs specific or general duties of cleaning working area, machine, and equipment
- Performs other unskilled tasks as directed in support of task completion
This position description represents a summary of the major components and requirements of the outlined job. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned or required as business needs dictate. Questions regarding this description should immediately be addressed to the department manager or to Human Resources.
- Regular physical activity to include walking, climbing ladders, bending, stooping, reaching, lifting (up to 75 pounds), and standing; occasional prolonged sitting; working in confined spaces
- Able to perform other duties as required which may involve high heat, humidity, noise and dirty conditions, working aloft or over the sides of vessels.
- Must be able to travel internationally
- Must be able to work at sea on U.S. Navy ships
- Ability to speak, read, hear and write, with or without assistance
- Travel up to 25%
Life Cycle Engineering - 5 months ago