Position Opening Available MARINE OPERATIONS MANAGER
Supervise, manage and oversee all aspects of company
Marine Emergency Response and Marine Related projects.
Supervise hourly marine personnel, and marine response
readiness. Over site of MARAD piers and contract.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
in-house marine response resources to include
- Work closely with the General Manager to develop
training, design and deployment of new resources.
of all aspects (including profit margins) of Marine
- Providing on and off-site supervision and management
Emergency Response / Marine Related projects.
development of new client relationships, and
- Assist Regional Marine Operations Manager in the
expansion of existing ones.
- Provide guidance, supervision, and oversight of
related work assigned.
- Bidding and management oversight of all marine
- Familiarization of NRCES / OSPR unannounced drill
skills, developing and maintaining a marine skills
- Training of subordinate personnel in marine related
disciplinary action for marine personnel, with the
- Performance of annual reviews, and any required
support of the Regional Marine Operations Manager.
and safety plans.
- Drafting of marine related work plans, and health
resources, in-house state-wide talent pool.
- Intimate familiarization with statewide response
subcontractors and vendors.
- Development of relationships with marine
- Oversight of all marine response equipment inventory
response community (ACP, Regulatory workgroups,
- Active participation in local and statewide marine
Tabletop exercises, Symposiums, etc.).
regulations, and the effect on our business.
- Maintaining familiarization with state OSRO
- Ensure health and safety compliance on all assigned
project through complete understanding of the
- Manage all potential risks and liabilities of a
contract documents protecting the best interest of
NRC Environmental Services.
scheduled review process to maximize employee
- Grow and develop project staff through training and
efficiency and longevity.
events to receive timely payment of revenue from
- Maintenance of accurate records on all jobs and
clients. This consists of turning in daily work
reports in a timely manner (daily), managing
subcontractors used on jobs, and providing
assistance to AR as needed to complete timely
waste disposal; including hazard categorization,
- Oversight of all phases of project related hazardous
manifesting, disposal and reporting.
the company as a whole.
- Initiate ideas, changes, and policies which benefit
readiness, maintain a valid passport, and travel as
- Ensure total customer satisfaction on all jobs.
- Personally maintain a 365 day / year state of
- Participation in “on call” rotational Project
business managers to ensure disposal priorities are
- Must work closely with all divisional operations and
met and exceeded. Performs other required duties as
advanced vocational training with equivalent marine
- Typically 2 – 4 years of college supplemented by
environmental services work experience.
seven to ten years of experience in the marine
- The qualified candidate will generally have at least
response industry in a management capacity. Ideal
candidate will also have 7 to 10 years as a Project
Superintendent / Manager within the Environmental
professional proposals for engineering, construction
- Experience should include managing and developing
or remedial projects.
certificates (as required).
- Posses TWIC Card
- Possession of current OSHA, DOT AND EPA training
Ratings, ICS, Federal (Coast Guard and EPA) and
- Knowledge of OSPR marine OSRO Regulations and
State Agency requirements.
management and subordinates in order to effectively
- Ability to communicate well with all levels of
accomplish general goals of the marine operations
required including negotiation, persuasive
- Good written and verbal communication skills are
leadership and supervision skills, and the ability
to work independently, and as a team member.
24-hour, 7 days per week.
- Ability to work and be on-call as needed for NRCES
8 hour OSHA supervisor certification and confined
- Current OSHA, and HM 181 / 126 DOT driver training;
space supervisor training.
Requires High School or GED (or equivalent reading,
writing and reasoning skills) and 2 - 3 years experience
performing related work (fire fighting, emergency
response, general construction, industrial cleaning).
Qualified employees must posses or be able to complete
the 40/80-hour HAZWOPER certification (depending on
state), plus posses 8 hour HAZWOPER refresher
certificate, if due. Must have a valid Class “C” License
w/ Hazmat endorsement (preferably Class “B”) with an MVR
that meets the NRCES Business Driving Policy standards.
Must have the ability to demonstrate competence level
with both SCBA and air-line respirators and must be able
to demonstrate the ability to safely operate all NRC
skiffs and larger boats including 32’ FRV and Marco
Skimmer. Must have completion of applicable training to
operate assigned equipment including large centrifugal
pumps, pressure washers (all types, including
hydroblasters) and Bobcats (small equipment). Must have
Marine oriented project experience or one or more
specific labor trade task abilities, which greatly
enhance job performance. Must be Confined Space
Competent Person and CPR/First Aid certified.
In addition to the required work experience, the
following conditions must be met:
- The Employee must relocate at his/her own expense
- An excellent attitude is required
- Must adhere to all NRCES policies
- Must be available for after hour spill calls
- Must be able to fill in at a lower skill level when
required to obtain it within 6 months.
- If you do not have your Class “B” license, you are
NRCES offers a comprehensive benefits package including
medical/dental, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan,
tuition reimbursement, vacation and paid holidays.
Salary dependent upon experience and credentials.
NRC is committed to providing equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants without
regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity,
sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship status, uniform service member status,
marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical
condition, genetic information, disability or any other
protected status in accordance with all applicable
federal, state and local laws.
Division/Department : NRC West
Req. Code : 509
Offer Relocation : No
National Response Corporation - 14 months ago
National Response Corporation is the largest commercial oil spill response organization in the United States with a diversified client base...